Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Plate Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
I am about to remove the old Clarion tape deck from my 914. I have a single DIN radio plate for replacement.

Before I start this new project, can someone tell me how do I remove the plate that is on there now?
Cupomeat
Once yuo remove the back strap from the radio and the nuts around the tuning and volume knoob, the faceplate will come off forward and depending on the hardware used, the radio may have to come out under the dash.

Pull the 2 knobs and you'll see the shaft nuts I am talking about. I think they are 9/16" deep socket.

Good luck!
Kaduku
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 9 2013, 12:28 PM) *

Once yuo remove the back strap from the radio and the nuts around the tuning and volume knoob, the faceplate will come off forward and depending on the hardware used, the radio may have to come out under the dash.

Pull the 2 knobs and you'll see the shaft nuts I am talking about. I think they are 9/16" deep socket.

Good luck!

Thanks, the plate was contact cemented with what appears to be double sided tape. It easily came off with a little pull.

Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.