Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Opinion requested
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So I am thinking about doing something a little different with my car. I pretty much saved her from the abyss and have been working for the last year to bring it back. I am to the point that I am starting to get the right color on her and most of the welding complete.

So I am thinking positive I am going to finish and I am looking ahead from where I am at. The car started off the olympic blue, one of the POs painted it red - doing a lousy job, and then somehow it wound up with silver doors. I decided to make it easy on myself and so she is going to be black.

With all that said, I was thinking a little color in the interior might be nice, and orange is my favorite color, so I was looking at one of these two swatches, for the seat bun and backrest and the rest of the seat will be black. I am trying to find one that is more brand and period representative.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Thanks for your assistance.
Cupomeat
I love them both and orange 914s are the best (IMHO... happy11.gif )

I think the one on the left is my favored one.

Enjoy and post pix
lsintampa
Like them both. The one on the left reminds me of a coco mat.
dlkawashima
Was houndstooth offered on 914s? If only plaid, I'd go with the one on the right.

If you want the correct plaid pattern, AA offers a repro ..... do a Google search for B00055161600BN4

I thought the orange plaid used on the Polo 912 was very nice:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...or-912-a-4.html

IPB Image

rick 918-S
Like them both either choice is a win. first.gif
SKL1
Houndstooth was definitely an option- my original 1971 which I've had since new has it. I just put gray alcantara inserts in the seats of the '73 I'm restoring.

Click to view attachment
johannes
I would go for originality and select from the original plaids that were offered by Porsche.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Plaid-srch.html

euro911
It's your car and an extension of your personality, or as I like to say, it's a blank canvas for you to create anything you want.

... but please, don't do a Chalon kit laugh.gif
914dave
I dont' think you can go wrong with either choice. I'll muddy the water for you a little. I wanted something a little more subtle and got black perforated suede with orange underneath to show thru the holes. It's only a hint of orange so it may not be what you're looking for. Whatever makes you happy is the best choice.
Click to view attachment
monkeyboy
I like that perforated leather.

I ended up going with a leather square weave so it would match the stock door panels and dash, but be leather.

It's all up to you.
AZ914
I vote for #1! I think the houndstooth would look great.
bdstone914
I wonder how black and yellow houndstooth seats would look in a bumblebee. HmmMmm
Drums66
...Yes, the plaid inserts are cooool thumb3d.gif
bye1.gif
Michael N
Houndstooth. I want to go black and white on my white car when I redo the interior.

How hard will the white be to keep clean on black and white houndstooth? Any experiences?

Click to view attachment

PanelBilly
How about doing so custom stitch work on the solid sections. It doesn't need to be 914 or PORSCHE. It could be a design.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.