Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Installed a Tranny Pump and Cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Seems appropriate as Steve mentioned in the post about shifting problems. I have heard of some of the vintage 2L cars having trans and/or ring and pinion failures and I wanted to head that off. I have two returns, one sprays on the gear stack and one on the R/P. I also installed a temp sender where the speedo drive goes into the tranny and replaced the speedo with a meter and on/off switch for the pump. Knowing how fast I was going scared the hell out of me anyways. I'll post some picts if anyone is interested?
Aaron Cox
i wanna see pics! smile.gif
J P Stein
Of course we wanna see pictures. If I didn't wanna see pics, I woulda stayed on the Rennlist......sheesh!
Brando
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 21 2004, 08:58 PM)
Of course we wanna see pictures. If I didn't wanna see pics, I woulda stayed on the Rennlist......sheesh!

So true.

Pictures!!!
Aaron Cox
to pic, or not to pic, that is the question! laugh.gif
scotty914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 21 2004, 09:09 PM)
to pic, or not to pic, that is the question!  :lol:

high jack

to pic :
in shower
on back roads
in bed after lights out
when alone

not to pic :
at red lights
in heavy traffic
at night club
during sex
when ax ing need both hands to drive
and not to mention speed bumps can hurt

oh you mean pictures confused24.gif
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jeroen
What Rick said biggrin.gif
scotty914
sorry i could not resist thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif below my high jack
slivel
Not the same setup as John's but here are some pics - sorry the car is filthy.

This is the lower drian plug drilled and a steel AN fitting braised on.

Steve
slivel
Same thing extended view of in line filter so I preserve my cooler and pump if the worst happens. BTDT.
slivel
Cooler - also has a fan and ducting to help cool everything. Of course you can't see the fan and duct in this shot.
slivel
Case drilled and tapped for AN fitting over the ring gear. Dark shot and hard to see.
slivel
Thermo switch JB Welded to case. Trips at 170 degrees F. This energizes a relay which turns on the pump.
slivel
Finally - the pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.