Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SC Flares - gimme the low down
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
after seeing joe sharps blue SC flared beast...im in love wub.gif ....

how hard/expensive/time consuming is it to do....?

joe post your pics dangit! laugh.gif
Trekkor
Yes, SC flares are very cool.

I keep going over to The Racer's Group in hopes of finding a set in the garbage from one there race car build-ups. wink.gif

Here's GTeener's SC flares.

KT
airsix
Get on a 911 board and ask around. I did this and found a guy who sold me some take-off's. I got rear flares, front arches, and bumper extensions. Sorry, no on-car pictures - they are still in the rafters of my garage.

-Ben M.
aircooledboy
I loves those too, but wasn't Sir Andy dogging them for not really giving much more room??
Mr.C
I thought I had seen one with Turbo Flares on this site. I'm too lazy to find it though. http://www.stazak.com/914/gt/index.html
GTeener
QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 21 2004, 10:11 PM)
Yes, SC flares are very cool.

Here's GTeener's SC flares.

KT

clap56.gif

I know that car wink.gif

I've got 225/15's on the back.

How wide you wanna go Aaron?
Aaron Cox
225's are fine pray.gif

the rear view makes me drool! joe, post pics of your blue car!!!!
GTeener
BTW -

This subject has been covered, with pix, a few time already. Did you check the archives?

Here's my search results:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...hlite=sc+flares
GTeener
Personally, I like this view better than what Trekkor posted biggrin.gif
airsix
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 22 2004, 02:48 PM)
I loves those too, but wasn't Sir Andy dogging them for not really giving much more room??

Hogwash. I'm running 245/45-16's under stock fenders that have just been hammered out smash.gif The SC flares are not exactly a bolt-on - I'm sure every one done so far has been done differently - some with more clearance than others. I think of them as sort of a starting point since you can't just hang them off the fender like a GT flare. According to my measurements I should get about 1" more clearance than I've already got (which is enough for 245's). Let John Kelly or JP install them and I bet you'll get some bonus clearance. biggrin.gif

-Ben M.
anthony
Asking $500:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=193260
JoeSharpOld
AAron: ar15.gif Confuzer crashed,( see sig.) I don't have any loaded to the new one yet. I'll take some in the morning and post them when your in class. I'm going to shot the old one New Years Eve biggrin.gif cool_shades.gif smoke.gif
Joe
SirAndy
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 22 2004, 02:48 PM)

yupp, it's not the width but the lack of available room for upward movement that i don't like about them.
if you run a tire that fills out the flare close to the lip, you have to restrict shock movement to 1" or so, otherwise the tire will rub.

a GT flare gives you much more room for upward travel ...
cool.gif Andy
JoeSharpOld
AAron: New Camera, new confuzer, new programs, I am totaly cronfuzzed. But I'll try and see if I can get this going. biggrin.gif
JoeSharpOld
another
JoeSharpOld
This thing works sooo much faster than my old POS
JoeSharpOld
one more
JoeSharpOld
I like it, wub.gif but it is mine. biggrin.gif
Joe
airsix
The geometry of the trailing arm is such that negative camber increases with suspension deflection. You don't need as much outside-clearance at the top as you do at the bottom. HOWEVER - you need more inner-fender clearance at higher deflection. If you've seen my hammered bubble flares you know that they have only about 1/2" flare at the top vs. 3" at the bottom. This provides ample clearance for my 245's through the entire range of trailing arm movement (with room to spare). When flaring the car I removed the rear springs and bump stops and cycled the suspension all the way up to determine when to stop flaring. I am sure that applied correctly an SC flare could provide just as much clearance, but it's going to be up to the installer to make sure.

-Ben M.
airsix
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 24 2004, 10:02 AM)
I like it, wub.gif but it is mine. biggrin.gif
Joe

I think it looks great too.

-Ben M.
JoeSharpOld
Thanks Ben.
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.