Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: slight oil spray out exhaust on start up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Found a 75 2.0 for a friend. The car runs well and has decent power. on start up there seems to be a little oil sputter out the exhaust. I dont think its gas and soot. Any ideas on what the problem is?

thanks
Aaron Cox
first of all, fill in yur location! 2nd, i have no clue why oil would sputter out exhaust. blowby is from a bad piston ring, but that is loss of compression, hmmmm i dont know
krk
Is it just when cold? (if so, could be condensation)

kim.
tod914
Ok location all fixed rolleyes.gif - I'll verify if it happens when it's hot. See if we can do a compression check too. That might answer some questions.
Aaron Cox
hmmm.....is only on start up..... how long does it last?
btw...location didnt show up
tod914
We just noticed the spray pattern on the ground from the exhaust. The muffler has alot of soot in it. Im assuming its oil that is being sprayed out. I'll ask him to verify if it's only at startup, cold, hot, and or shutdown. I'll also have him put a sheet down to make sure its oil and not the condensation mixed with soot. Thanks for the prompt replies - gives us an idea on what to check out.
Brad Roberts
Does it still have the cat on it ?? Crap builds up on the Cat and needs to be burned off (driven)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.