Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: superchargers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timofly
In the dim recesses of my memory is a buddy who had a Bug with a blower on it. It was either a "Judson" or a "Paxton' and it seemed to give the poor thing quite a bit of extra grunt.

Anybody remember these? Has it ever been tried on a 914? I also seem to remember that it was not very robust, but in those days I thought anything that didn't have 400+ cubic inches had to be a girl's car, so I wasn't all that interested. 'course, we also had .29/gallon gas....
shuie
yep, superchargers
falconfp2001
I actually have a Judson that needs rebuilding. Unfortunately they are only for type 1 style fan shrouds and intake setups. Very pricey if you find one and very hard to get parts.

Very small HP gain but great for nostalgia purposes.
Chris H.
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 11 2013, 02:47 PM) *

I actually have a Judson that needs rebuilding. Unfortunately they are only for type 1 style fan shrouds and intake setups. Very pricey if you find one and very hard to get parts.

Very small HP gain but great for nostalgia purposes.

Wow that's a great piece of treasure you got there. A rebuild-able Judson Supercharger is like one of us having a set of 914-6 heat exchangers that need a little work. You won't lose money on that one! And they just LOOK SO COOL installed.

lrm914
Hey Shui!

My car is almost done. I ended up having the SC rebuilt, and have done some other work to the car.

Should be complete in a week or so. Need to pick it up in Alabama and bring it on home to GA.

Finally, it's been a long time coming.

We have been taking pictures as the build progressed.

I plan to share the history and build of the car here on 914world.

How's your car coming along?

Larry

QUOTE(shuie @ Apr 10 2013, 10:00 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.