Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to get it off!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
howardchen327
Here is the story:

I decided to took the rocker panel off to check if there is any rust devil on the longs. I had the rocker panel on the driver side off. Good news are that they look pretty good! (will post pics if I've chance biggrin.gif ) When I try to took off the one on passenger's side, I broke them. They wrere rusty & well fasten.....I broke the notchs...Damn now I can't get them off headbang.gif pissoff.gif headbang.gif

Any suggestiongs? pray.gif

PS. Where can find those plastic nails (or pins?) that bolt the rocker panel?

Thanks Yack.gif wacko.gif
Series9
First, use a sawzall-smiley.gif or something similar.

Then drill and tap. Problem solved.
howardchen327
How about sawzall-smiley.gif another notch?
sj914
QUOTE(howardchen327 @ Nov 22 2004, 01:51 AM)
How about sawzall-smiley.gif another notch?

agree.gif

You could use a cut off wheel and make another notch and maybe squirt some liquid wrench on it before you try to turn it.
J P Stein
Nasty little bastards.
Often you can get on em' with a pair of vise grips. Often when you do you'll snap the buggers off. As the man said, drill & tap. Use new stainless hex head bolts & anti seize.
seanery
I've had decent luck getting the rusty screws out with an impact screw driver. Sears has them.
Aaron Cox
vice grips on the shank of the screw....BTDT
type47
dremel...

i'd suggest using regular pop rivets when reinstalling the rocker panel. the price of plastic ones is about $25 for 6! which i think is too high for me and not being a CW, i put in metal ones that cost about $.10/each, about 1/100th the price of the plastic ones....
tod914
$25 for 6

I only paid a couple of dollars for mine and they were from a Porsche dealer. The black plastic pop rivets are NLA. They have clear plastic ones now. Contact your local Porsche dealer and get a price. They are not that expensive. Regarding the screws, Auto Atalanta has a nice rocker kit. It has all the screw, fasteners, etc. Don't remember the price. Was a little pricey for what it is, but it is complete and correct. If you get it from them, tell them how you want it shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.