Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Starter but the bolt is buried!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jmedeiros
I am wanting to put a new starter on my GF's '72 & it's got all the EFI bells and whistles. I can feel the top nut inside the engine compartment but it's buried under a bunch of stuff. Any tips/tricks that you've perhaps used to get to that nut short of pulling the air cleaner??
Click to view attachment
McMark
Take the air cleaner off. wink.gif
Dave_Darling
Yep! Like many other things in the 914, it's easier just to remove the part that's in the way than to try to work around it.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2013, 11:16 PM) *

...............and the intake air boot. One bolt, one hose clamp, and you're in.

The Cap'n
Jmedeiros
That did it! Thanks a bunch Cap'n!! beerchug.gif I had to push the wire harness out of the way and the fuel injector hose but out it came and with a few choice words, I was able to get that nut off & on with only two bloody knuckles! piratenanner.gif Found that my throttle cable which is running under the mount for the air cleaner is loose so, it must have not gotten tightened up when it was in the shop. Another project for another day.

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 11 2013, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2013, 11:16 PM) *

...............and the intake air boot. One bolt, one hose clamp, and you're in.

The Cap'n

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.