Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today was just sensational
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
It was such a perfect autumn day so I decided to pull a sickie and take the day off and go for a blast.

And what a blast it was. Headed north on the F3 and peeled off at Mt White and on to the old Pacific Hwy. Turned off at Peats Ridge and just punched it all the way to Wollombi.

Took the Putty Rd back to town. 100 miles of tight and twisty interspersed with fast sweepers connected by long straights. Saw 125 a couple of times.

The 3.2 was howling, I was grinning and the sun was shining. I can't begin to describe how much fun it was.

I love this car.
Dasnowman
You suck,just rubbing it in bootyshake.gif ,driving a six driving.gif , flared, fuchs, hitting 125 on the twisties. barf.gif people like you make me sick!

And you don't even know what Season it is dumb ASS!

Oh I see you are in Aussi Land sheeplove.gif

Haha just stirthepot.gif the pot!

smilie_pokal.gif

Nice looking car must have been a blast!

Cairo94507
Excellent use of your car. Glad you shared that story to make me jealous....... biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
And I thought Americans only took mental health days! Nice looking Teener! beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
Quite jealous! Not only of the car, but the scenery. I would love to see your country/continent someday! Hope you enjoyed your day off driving.gif
ww914
QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 11 2013, 12:49 AM) *

It was such a perfect autumn day so I decided to pull a sickie and take the day off and go for a blast.

And what a blast it was. Headed north on the F3 and peeled off at Mt White and on to the old Pacific Hwy. Turned off at Peats Ridge and just punched it all the way to Wollombi.

Took the Putty Rd back to town. 100 miles of tight and twisty interspersed with fast sweepers connected by long straights. Saw 125 a couple of times.

The 3.2 was howling, I was grinning and the sun was shining. I can't begin to describe how much fun it was.

I love this car.

Is that your lunch on top of the post? Would love to have made that drive with you. Nice car!
Eric_Shea
...and the pedal?
KELTY360
QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 10 2013, 11:49 PM) *

Headed north on the F3 and peeled off at Mt White and on to the old Pacific Hwy. Turned off at Peats Ridge and just punched it all the way to Wollombi.

Poetry...sheer poetry. driving.gif

I just have a humble little -4, but every time I drive the car I say the same thing.....I love this car.

Actually sometimes I say...What a great car!

Good on ya, mate.
worn
QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 10 2013, 11:49 PM) *

I love this car.

My first response is I hate you. My second response is, OK, give me your car and I forgive you. My end reaction is it apparently doesn't suck to be you. Nice beerchug.gif
JamesM
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car! Would love to see some closer pics of that conversion as it is rare indeed.
Madswede
I can now say I know exactly how that feels! Awesome car man. And I won't even ask if you meant 125kph or mph. lol-2.gif
jdlmodelt
haha! I LOVE it! These cars were made to drive! Your fall, my spring. I'm happy for your long fall drive. I'm looking forward to some fun mountain driving when the snow and sand are gone from the mountain passes out here!

Drive on, Brother from the land down under! beerchug.gif
AZ914
aktion035.gif driving.gif
speed metal army
I need to move down there.. sad.gif
phillstek
Thanks for all the comments.

Not trying to make anyone jealous, just wanted to share my joy and perhaps help inspire those on jack stands to get them up and running.

I'd forgotten how much fun these cars are when you get the chance to really wind them up. I'm still buzzing 2 days later.

"I need to move down there"... Come on down, I'll pick you up from the airport in the 914 biggrin.gif

"I won't even ask if you meant 125kph or mph"... and I ain't telling shades.gif

"Would love to see some closer pics of that conversion as it is rare indeed"... not that hard to do I'm and pretty sure that the factory could have done it easily too. The centrally located steering pinion and the bolt in pedal cluster take out 2 of the biggest issues when converting. Mind you if I ever imported another one I'd leave it LHD

"....and the pedal?"... made 3 attempts to bed the brakes. Each time warming them up a bit by riding the pedal briefly and the taking it up to 70 in 3rd and braking hard slowing the car to around 20. Did that 8-9 times each session. The surprising thing was that I did not experience any fade at all or not even a hint of lock up. Pedal feels better but not perfect. You hit them the first time and the pedal still drops quite a bit and then hit them again quickly and the pedal is pretty much there with considerably less free motion. Thanks for your help Eric.

"Is that your lunch on top of the post?" Well spotted, that's what we call a "liquid lunch" down here beer3.gif

Thanks again to all now get those cars out and drive them like you stole them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.