Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Hey all,

My car is missing the window guide strip in the door and also the retaining plastic clip that holds it together. I looked on pelican, but they don't seem to have that... anyone know where to go to get it? My window is rattley and I worry it will break when I close the door one of these days.....

Thanks in advance,

Fiid.
Joe Owensby
QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 11 2013, 02:23 PM) *

Hey all,

My car is missing the window guide strip in the door and also the retaining plastic clip that holds it together. I looked on pelican, but they don't seem to have that... anyone know where to go to get it? My window is rattley and I worry it will break when I close the door one of these days.....

Thanks in advance,

Fiid.

Autoatlanta has anything you need for a 914. Some people don't like them, but I have had lots of luck with them over the last 20+ years. There may also be some members that have cars being parted out and may have the pieces you need. Maybe you could post a wanted ad in the 914world classifieds.
Good luck. JoeO
Harpo
How about 914rubber? Mikey914 is a great guy and most likely has what you need.

DAvid
KENNY
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Apr 11 2013, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 11 2013, 02:23 PM) *

Hey all,

Thanks in advance,

Fiid.

Autoatlanta has anything you need for a 914. Some people don't like them, but I have had lots of luck with them over the last 20+ years. There may also be some members that have cars being parted out and may have the pieces you need. Maybe you could post a wanted ad in the 914world classifieds.
Good luck. JoeO

agree.gif
Dave_Darling
Rich at HPH (you know, Redwood City?) has ten of everything.

At least.

He may have more stuff than the Doctor does.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
Before you go too far, what year is the door. Pre-73 cars don't use a felt strip, they have little plastic rollers and washers. As for the clip, what clip?

The Cap'n
fiid
It's a 73, so it has the felt strip. I ordered that from 914rubber.

The clip is the thing that holds the metal U-channel to the top of the door. It's actually screwed to the door.
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 11 2013, 06:32 PM) *

It's a 73, so it has the felt strip. I ordered that from 914rubber.

The clip is the thing that holds the metal U-channel to the top of the door. It's actually screwed to the door.

EASY in Emeryville or HPH in Redwood City ...

smile.gif
Mikey914
I actually made the aluminum strips for the horizontal section on the outside of the door. Early and late.

Got it and all the other stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.