Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
taylordm@att.net
I want to remove my 1974 914 2.0 fuel injectors and send them to be cleaned and replenished. Does anyone know of a post with either pictures (preferable) or diagram of removing them so I don't do additional damage?
Cap'n Krusty
Remove the 4 nuts holding the injectors to the intake manifolds. Disconnect the 4 hoses at the fuel rail. You're essentially done. Don't lose the nuts and washers, order 4 small and 4 large injector seals and a couple of feet of new FI hose. You won't need that much, but a foot might not be enough.

The Cap'n
mepstein
I just got my injectors done by Mr. Injector. Bill is a great guy, did a quick turn around and came back looking like new with a spec sheet showing prior and post performance. The new large and small injector seals were included in the price and he would have included 2.5 inches of hose for each injector but I told him not to bother. I had already ordered new elbows from Tangerine racing. $16/injector, seals included, double boxed, bubble wrapped, individually sealed in platic bags, $5 total for priority shipping. I will surely use him again for the injectors for my 6 and some spare ones I just purchased for the 4.

PS - He only charges once the injectors are cleaned. If they can't be restored, there is no charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.