Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine rpm, how responsive,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
the car is a 72 1.7 ( bored to 1.8) d-jet

OK I finally got the engine in the car after the comlte restoration of the body,, ( when i got the car the engine was in a box) i got the whole thing to start upo just fine , it finally run without backfire ( the valve were tight) now it run good no oil leak, ( i still have not put the gas tank in and the drive axels) when i give gas right at the TB the response is fast but it seems like it takes time to go back down,, i know most of the car are different but my audi ( 2000 S4) rev down as fast as it goes up, my previous one a 96 A4 was quite a bit slower to go up and down anyone got a sound file of the rev and back to idle?? , what would cause the rev to stay up and go down slowly??

thanks
freezing14
anyone who has a microphone could record a " step on the gas and back to idle for me please, at least I will be able to compare,,,,please!!! pray.gif confused24.gif
scooter311
Hey Freeze, I can't help with the audio, but mine snaps back really nicely. What type of throttle return is there on FI? Sticky throttle plate/shaft maybe? I had a bad cable that gave me the same symptoms. Wish I could be more helpful!
nebreitling
got a decel valve?

all hoses hooked up right?

with a decel valve, rpms kinda "float" back down just a little bit.
freezing14
I do have a decel valve , not 100% sure it works but it is hook correctly,, does it snap back faster without it, my throttle cable is not attached yet, so i give throttle at the TB and there is a very big spring on it,, by the way there is 2 way to adjust the idle on those d-jet, the knob on the computer and the knob on the TB ,, usually how many turns of the bottom for the TB screw????
SirAndy
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Nov 23 2004, 05:38 AM)
does it snap back faster without it

yes! just take it off and cap the hoses. it'll help the rpms go down faster ...

wink.gif Andy
freezing14
how about the idle adjustment ,, TB or computer, how much of which??
SirAndy
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Nov 23 2004, 09:51 AM)
how about the idle adjustment ,, TB or computer, how much of which??

the know on the brain is air-fuel-mixture, not idle ...

the screw on the TB is for idle ...
wink.gif Andy
freezing14
ok the knob on the computer is for a/f mixture, but the idle will change if you play with it, my be it is the cause of my sustaining gas , i will play with it tonight
SirAndy
QUOTE(freezing14 @ Nov 23 2004, 10:08 AM)
ok the knob on the computer is for a/f mixture, but the idle will change if you play with it, my be it is the cause of my sustaining gas , i will play with it tonight

how do the sparkplugs look ?

idea.gif Andy
freezing14
they look brand new as i just put them in,, your gonna ask about the previous ones,, they were not there, the engine had been rebuit and the cylinder were filled with oil and a plastic plug in place so,, I think i will have to run a little longer until I get some color out of the plugs, hopefuly pale brown!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.