Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 ports vs 3 ports fuel pump.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
What are the pros and cons using a 2 ports instead of 3 ports pump? Is it a matter of preference?
AZ914
I think the 3 port was an early pump and the 2 port was the late pump... not sure if there is a carb vs. FI difference..
Dave_Darling
Easier plumbing if you use the 3-port pump in a car that originally had a 3-port pump. Likewise, using the 2-port in a car that came with one is easier.

No real functional difference that I am aware of, once you deal with the inlet and outlet sizes.

--DD
JamesM
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 11 2013, 08:00 PM) *

What are the pros and cons using a 2 ports instead of 3 ports pump? Is it a matter of preference?

Availibility and saving a couple hundred bucks. Then u can use that couple hundred to buy SS lines and relocate to the front trunk.

Unless you are trying to stay completly original go with the late pump.
old dog
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 13 2013, 08:37 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 11 2013, 08:00 PM) *

Availibility and saving a couple hundred bucks. Then u can use that couple hundred to buy SS lines and relocate to the front trunk.

Unless you are trying to stay completly original go with the late pump.

I agree completely, this is a very common thing with the older Alfa Romeos. The two fitting pump is less expensive, still Bosch quality and will be easier to find and replace in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.