Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: china is a day ahead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
hey everyone don't forget china is about a half day ahead don't forget to set the dvr to record F1 on nbcns. should be good with the tire wear issues. btw i have some new posts up, you can view here at johnpierre's f1 blog or @ amerf1can.com.
Elliot Cannon
Tire wear issues? How about tire color issues. Did I read that correctly? There are not less than six different tire colors and they are required to use different compound tires during the race? Didn't they used to be grooved tires? happy11.gif
WTF.gif
johnpierre
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 13 2013, 07:08 PM) *

Tire wear issues? How about tire color issues. Did I read that correctly? There are not less than six different tire colors and they are required to use different compound tires during the race? Didn't they used to be grooved tires? happy11.gif
WTF.gif

ya this has long been an issue with alot of people that i talk to. there are many points here to consider. teams should be able to use what ever tires the think are best, the FIA in an attempt to spice up the racing has gone to far, or have created false racing, etc. both quite true. however because of all the new tracks we now have completely different tarmac surfaces and any tire suppler has to have a range to accommodate this issue or the cars would not be able to preform. you do bring up solid point though...
p.s. slicks are back due to the fact that the new reg took away a large % of downforce. therefore the team demanded more mechanical grip, so the FIA gave in.
GeorgeRud
Just watched the rebroadcast on NBCSports this afternoon. Great race with a fair around of action for a F1 race. China did a great job of building a beautiful track as well.
johnpierre
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 14 2013, 01:00 PM) *

Just watched the rebroadcast on NBCSports this afternoon. Great race with a fair around of action for a F1 race. China did a great job of building a beautiful track as well.

straight up. great race and lots of action, there is some grumbling about the tires but whatever. there is always something in F1 that someone is complaining about.

by the way there are some rumors going around the F1 paddock that mark webber is going spearhead porsche's lmp1 effort in 2014. i can't find any prove of this just yet, but roomers are funny in the f1 world a good % of them end up true... i have some new posts if anyone is interested. www.amerf1can.com (this one has the cool pics) or here at johnpierre's formula one blog.
bulitt
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Apr 16 2013, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 14 2013, 01:00 PM) *

straight up. great race and lots of action, there is some grumbling about the tires but whatever. there is always something in F1 that someone is complaining about.

by the way there are some rumors going around the F1 paddock that mark webber is going spearhead porsche's lmp1 effort in 2014. i can't find any prove of this just yet, but roomers are funny in the f1 world a good % of them end up true... i have some new posts if anyone is interested. www.amerf1can.com (this one has the cool pics) or here at johnpierre's formula one blog.

M. Schumacher isn't done yet... shades.gif
johnpierre
here are a couple of the articles the concern Mark Webber and Porsche, but again no way to confirm if it is true or just someone trying to sell more newpapers

http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/15/webber-h...ry-in-weissach/

http://www.yallaf1.com/2013/04/16/webber-s...orsche-denials/

i have always been a Webber fan and it would be great to see him in a new LMp Porsche
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.