Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIDDERS BEWARE! Not a true Creamsicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Just wanted to let anyone who may be bidding on this auction and happens to visit the World... this is not a true LE car since the VIN is nearly 8000 units before the first recognized Can Am 914.
This same car - VIN 4742906558 - is listed on Jeff Bowlsby's site as a "Creamsicle Tribute" car.
Not a real Creamsicle <-- click for auction page

driving.gif
a914622
funny i reported that to ebay about 30 min ago. Was going to give a heads up on here as well, to late.

good catch!

jcl
JeffBowlsby
I had sent the seller an email thru ebay as well...he has ignored it to this point. If he responded, he could have my comment to him posted in the ad.
poorsche914
I got a response this morning. He obviously doesn't know 914s well at all. confused24.gif
Asked me if I was an expert and, if so, what qualifications I have as an expert screwy.gif

I pointed out a few LE facts and then pointed him to Jeff Bowlsby's page and the fact that his very car is listed there at the bottom as a "tribute" car. rolleyes.gif

driving.gif my Creamsicle on this beautiful day
worn
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 13 2013, 05:09 PM) *

Just wanted to let anyone who may be bidding on this auction and happens to visit the World... this is not a true LE car since the VIN is nearly 8000 units before the first recognized Can Am 914.
This same car - VIN 4742906558 - is listed on Jeff Bowlsby's site as a "Creamsicle Tribute" car.
Not a real Creamsicle <-- click for auction page

driving.gif

And they don't have a set of keys for it....
JawjaPorsche
No keys, Repo?
JamesM
stromberg.gif So if being labeled a "Can Am eddition" car when it isnt is not enough to get it removed, maybe the fact that he is missrepresenting the engine type would be

"Engine: 2.0"

Sure dont look like 2.0 heads to me!

I was thinking that maybe the current 1500 bid would not have been bad for a 2.0 creamsicle clone, but for a single carbed 1.7 that they didnt even bother to brush the leaves off...

stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif

I think we should have some fun with this and turn it into a game of "What else is wrong with this picture?"

No vacum hose on the PCV
Looks like no cooling flaps on the engine
Trashed engine tin
Chrome badges on a 74
2.0 badge on a 1.7

What else do people see?

Given what i see in the pictures and the fact that the rust areas are a complete unknown, I would say this guy is lucky to be even getting $1500 for it at this point
poorsche914
He is totally clueless about 914s... I have been back and forth with him via ebay messaging. He seems to at least be listening. Let's see if he does the right thing and pulls the auction or at the very least corrects all the mistakes.

I told him about the engine being a 1.7 and how to distinguish from a 2.0.

He says "NO rust" but how often have we heard that before. If it is relatively rust free, then $1500 is not too bad for what is there. The body itself looks to be decent enough. Everything else can be replaced/repaired with time/money. For an east coast car, looks good aktion035.gif

My only complaint is the misrepresentation as an LE.

driving.gif
euro911
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 14 2013, 09:01 AM) *

I think we should have some fun with this and turn it into a game of "What else is wrong with this picture?"

No vacum hose on the PCV
Looks like no cooling flaps on the engine
Trashed engine tin
Chrome badges on a 74
2.0 badge on a 1.7

What else do people see?

Bumpers are chrome and valances are black. The wheels and rocker panels aren't the correct orange either.
Chris H.
Anyone see the ignition switch? Yikes. The sides of the center console appear to be missing.
skeates
Classic ebay for you. Looks like the car is in the middle of being built? It's also missing windshield wipers, an antenna, and the rear trunk lock. Also looks to be missing the "cream" - Should be called a "primersicle"!
bandjoey
He did add a note Not a CanAm Edition

Wow! 200,000 miles. Is this the highest mileage car?
championgt1
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 14 2013, 08:22 PM) *

He did add a note Not a CanAm Edition

Wow! 200,000 miles. Is this the highest mileage car?

Not even close. My car has over 320,000 miles!
cwpeden
I'm just trying to figure out the battery connections?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.