Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 914 2L Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mtndawg
Sold
I am the third owner of this 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L with original engine. 3 of the cylinders measure 125 psi, 1 cylinder measures 135 psi. Leakdown test shows 0% for all 4 cylinders.
- 125,230 miles (Complete service documentation comes with the car that reflect this as the correct mileage and the odometer works)
- Interior and body is very good with only minor improvements needed to make the car excellent
- Sold new in Southern California
- The second owner had the original blue (L96B) painted silver in 1993 in Costa Mesa then moved to Northern California. This has always been a California car
- This is the actual dash in the pictures and it has no cracks

The engine compartment lid is off in the pics because I was timing, replacing the spark plugs etc. The fuel lines in the engine bay and at the fuel pump have just been replaced with fuel injection rated hose. The fuel injectors have just been reconditioned. While I have been making small improvements since I've owned the car it is ready to be driven. Start and drive!

Here are specific things the car needs, all very minor.
Previous owner put aftermarket side mirrors on, the base is broken on both of them. They need replacement.
Heater blower hoses need to be replaced in the engine compartment and under the car.
Previous owner told me the center console material is ripped so he covered it with tape. I have not removed it. The dash and seats are in good condition as you can see.
mtndawg
Couple more added.
Chris H.
What is the paint code for the original color? Should be on a tag in the front of the passenger side door jamb. Usually a letter, 2 numbers, then a letter like L50C.
mtndawg
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 14 2013, 07:34 PM) *

What is the paint code for the original color? Should be on a tag in the front of the passenger side door jamb. Usually a letter, 2 numbers, then a letter like L50C.

Car was originally L96B Alaska Blue Metallic
jela5958
Nice looking 914. Great to know that the mileage is documented and better still that it's located in California, since I've been looking for a black, white or silver one with no more than minor issues.

You state specific things that the car needs, namely the non-spec mirrors need replacing, the console needs re-upholstering and the heater hoses need replacement. That all sounds minor but does it have other specific issues, that aren't minor. For example, what's the condition of the heat exchangers? shades.gif ... seems odd that someone wouldn't want to replace heater hoses to demonstrate that the heater blows hot non-carbon monoxide containing air.
mtndawg
Sold, going to live in Berkley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.