Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ashlock's Tach-Adapt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
Good stuff!Easy too.Fits nicely on the back of the tach,just tie into the existing wiring,and wham!I had a tach that actually read correctly! smile.gif beerchug.gif
Cool product Mr. Ashlock!
bulitt
Thanks for posting! Here the lik-

Tach Adapter
Chris H.
Cool! That's next on my list to buy....
gms
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Apr 14 2013, 09:53 PM) *

Good stuff!Easy too.Fits nicely on the back of the tach,just tie into the existing wiring,and wham!I had a tach that actually read correctly! smile.gif beerchug.gif

what issues did you have with your tach that this solved?
JmuRiz
I was planning on using this on my conversion.
bulitt
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 15 2013, 03:08 PM) *

He has an LS V8 motor which sends more impulses to the 4 cyl. tach. The adapter fixes all this without opening up the tach and adding resistors etc...
speed metal army
QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 15 2013, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Apr 15 2013, 03:08 PM) *

He has an LS V8 motor which sends more impulses to the 4 cyl. tach. The adapter fixes all this without opening up the tach and adding resistors etc...

What he said!
It was a snap.Pulled the wheel,squeaked the tach out,(took a pic of the connections biggrin.gif )Pulled the connections.
Then I took the 12v wire,spliced into it,heat shrinked it,did the same for the ground,cut the tach signal wire and terminated the three wires.Plugged all the other ones back were they came from,used heavy duty velcro to stick the adapter on the back of the tach,shoved it back in and done!
Fired it up,and fixed.Stock tach,and now reads like it should. beerchug.gif
914Bryan
Will this solve my tach needle bounce problem? If it does, i'm in for one...
Dr Evil
I wonder if it would work on a 2cyl motorcycle???? May have solved an issue for me too. Price??
hydroliftin
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Apr 16 2013, 08:53 AM) *

I just ordered one for this reason -- tach bounce on a 4-cyl with Mallory Unilite. I'll let you know how it goes. He offers full refund if it doesn't.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 16 2013, 10:53 AM) *

I wonder if it would work on a 2cyl motorcycle???? May have solved an issue for me too. Price??

The literature shows it works with any combination of 4 6 or 8 engine with any 4 6 or 8 tach -- mix and match as you like, but no two cyl option. Drop him an e-mail however and maybe he can set up something for your application.
914Bryan
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 16 2013, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914Bryan @ Apr 16 2013, 08:53 AM) *

I just ordered one for this reason -- tach bounce on a 4-cyl with Mallory Unilite. I'll let you know how it goes. He offers full refund if it doesn't.

Yes I am curious as I have a stock dizzy....
speed metal army
Mine did have some serious bounce before,and none after. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.