Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heater issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Hello folks,

Found some missing critical components to my heater and was wondering if anyone in the Bay Area could help me locate these parts for the heater. . . no wonder the little center knobby doesn't work. sad.gif Getting a bit cold lately. Don't know if it matters or not, but the car is a '73 2.0. I need both sides.

-'Chung
chunger
also need this
chunger
another
Mueller
oh no, you found out the secret to why Rob was so fast in that car smile.gif

sorry, no help, I gave away my 2.0 heat exchangers and parts for it....
chunger
AH. . . . he was so cold he wanted to get through the runs fast and return to his heated trailer. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
Don't laugh. It works for CA winters
Coleman, about $20
Dave_Darling
Hey, those pics look very familiar!!! biggrin.gif

Iff'n you can wait until next month, I have about half of them. Some unpainted (they were bead blasted, I think!), some badly painted with black Krylon. You can have 'em. Let me know.

--DD
chunger
sweet! THanks Dave,

Yeah, them's your pictures. I found them on the Bird board after chasing 'round for heater info here and there.

-'Chung
Marv's3.6six
Hey guys new to this board, but not new to Teeners. Anyone of you guys using that Coleman heater? I be interested as I have no heat now. Thanx in advance.
EdwardBlume
oh no, you found out the secret to why Rob was so fast in that car

I learned to drive fast to stay ahead of my wife in competition. Competition makes you drive faster.....

I've got all 6 of the parts for you Chung. Just call me to arrange a time to get them.
Howard
QUOTE(Marv's3.2six @ Nov 22 2004, 10:24 PM)
Hey guys new to this board, but not new to Teeners. Anyone of you guys using that Coleman heater? I be interested as I have no heat now. Thanx in advance.

?? A buddy had one for the back of his van and it helped a bit. No replacement for real heat, but couldn't hurt. No heat in my car either, so I just ordered one on ebay 12.95 + 5 shipping. Won't be the first time I wasted $20 wink.gif
scotty914
those little heaters that plug in to the lighter dont do crap in maryland 30 degree days, i tried one it made my windsheild fog faster. i wound up buying a coleman propane heater sold just for use in cars during emergencys. it is a 1000 btu IIRC, it nicely supplamented my leaky HE's in 20 degree weather. i mounted it with big clamps below my dash in the center. no i dont have pics but i will look for something online.

its called the survial cat heater, got it at walmart for like 30 buckshttp://safetycentral.com/cosuemheprki.html
skline
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 22 2004, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE(Marv's3.2six @ Nov 22 2004, 10:24 PM)

?? A buddy had one for the back of his van and it helped a bit. No replacement for real heat, but couldn't hurt. No heat in my car either, so I just ordered one on ebay 12.95 + 5 shipping. Won't be the first time I wasted $20 wink.gif

Well, I can tell you, it was a waste of $20.00. I bought one on Ebay also a year ago from the guy down in Texas I think. He doesnt leave feedback and the first one didnt work at all so he sent me another one and I plugged it in and it was maybe enough to defrost the windshield if you leave it run for awhile. Its a ceramic heater with a small fan on it. What a POS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.