Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanic in Missouri
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
taylordm@att.net
Trying to get my 914 going, does anyone know a good mechanic near Blue Springs Missouri?
TheCabinetmaker
What part of MO is bluesprings?
Tilly74
I live in Springfield, Mo and wouldn't mind traveling. I would consider myself a "mechanic", not by trade, but by hobby. I usually work on motorcycles, and do all my own service work on my personal vehicles. What kind of help are you needing?
taylordm@att.net
QUOTE(Tilly74 @ Apr 16 2013, 11:17 AM) *

I live in Springfield, Mo and wouldn't mind traveling. I would consider myself a "mechanic", not by trade, but by hobby. I usually work on motorcycles, and do all my own service work on my personal vehicles. What kind of help are you needing?

The car has been in storage for 8 years. We drained the gas, bought a new battery, put new gas (and injector treatment in the gas). The only time it fires is when we put gas in directly in. It runs for 4-5 seconds then dies.
taylordm@att.net
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 16 2013, 10:07 AM) *

Blue Springs is about 15 miles from Kansas City. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for work.
agentblr
QUOTE(taylordm@att.net @ Apr 24 2013, 04:53 AM) *

Blue Springs is about 15 miles from Kansas City. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for work.

Im in downtown Lees Summit. Could probably help you out this weekend if you can get the car over to my shop.
taylordm@att.net
QUOTE(agentblr @ Apr 24 2013, 08:20 AM) *

Im in downtown Lees Summit. Could probably help you out this weekend if you can get the car over to my shop.

What is the name of your shop? Can you recommend a reputable tow company in the area?
taylordm@att.net

What is the name of your shop? Can you recommend a reputable tow company in the area?
442nd914s
QUOTE(taylordm@att.net @ Apr 24 2013, 07:52 AM) *

The car has been in storage for 8 years. We drained the gas, bought a new battery, put new gas (and injector treatment in the gas). The only time it fires is when we put gas in directly in. It runs for 4-5 seconds then dies.

I had the same exact problem after reinstalling the rebuilt engine. Turned out to be fuel pressure. Im in Warrensburg 1 hr east of Kc. Theres only 3 places that work on Pcars. Porsche dealer in Merriam, 2 local Pcar shop ( Das Auto Work) up the rd from Porsche dealership (specializes in old pcars), 3 BHR by the Crown Center KC.
Pm me if u like. I might b able to help.
pcar916
Injectors gum up too and probably did if stored with gas in the lines. After that long I'd test each of them (briefly, they're rated for about 3v) with a six volt battery and make sure they buzz actively. Or you can take them to a commercial injector place that has an injector profiler. They can test them for pattern and flow and replace the rubbers for about $20 each.

Frankly, just to get them going I've done the battery thing and gently knocked the bases (not the actual fuel hole... that's metered) with a brass drift or wood to get them buzzing. That's not as good as getting them tested but got it going. Then officially tested later.

Good luck
abnrdo
QUOTE(taylordm@att.net @ Apr 24 2013, 10:31 AM) *

I am in Lees Summit and would like to know the name of the shop too. Would like to find other Teener owners who would like to plan drives, flesh burning events, and garage help items.

Other items to consider:
Fuel Pump working?
Fuel Filter clogged?
Do you smell gas in the cabin, your fuel lines could be cracked.

welcome.png
taylordm@att.net
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Apr 25 2013, 11:49 AM) *

I had the same exact problem after reinstalling the rebuilt engine. Turned out to be fuel pressure. Im in Warrensburg 1 hr east of Kc. Theres only 3 places that work on Pcars. Porsche dealer in Merriam, 2 local Pcar shop ( Das Auto Work) up the rd from Porsche dealership (specializes in old pcars), 3 BHR by the Crown Center KC.

I work at the University in Warr., do you have a place in Warr that you take the car?
Dave_Darling
It sounds like longer distances are an issue right now. If they weren't, I would suggest Brad Mayeur in East Peoria IL. He's been working on 914s since there were 914s, and knows them very well indeed. His company is called 914 Limited.

--DD
442nd914s
QUOTE(taylordm@att.net @ Apr 25 2013, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(442nd914s @ Apr 25 2013, 11:49 AM) *

I work at the University in Warr., do you have a place in Warr that you take the car?

I work on my own cars in my garage. However, If I need more in depth professional work, than BHR in KC. If it comes down to machine shop work then either Brad Mayuer in IL or an aquentances from Ok. Im a machanic by trade (A10 warthog), and I inherrited my fathers genes.
442nd914s
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 25 2013, 04:04 PM) *

I am in Lees Summit and would like to know the name of the shop too. Would like to find other Teener owners who would like to plan drives, flesh burning events, and garage help items.

Other items to consider:
Fuel Pump working?
Fuel Filter clogged?

welcome.png

Im game for any donut runs if u like (ummmmm Lamars)
Maybe scavanger hunt for all of KC water fountains
driving.gif
Axel
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Apr 25 2013, 05:32 PM) *

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 25 2013, 04:04 PM) *

Other items to consider:
Fuel Pump working?
Fuel Filter clogged?

welcome.png

Im game for any donut runs if u like (ummmmm Lamars)
Maybe scavanger hunt for all of KC water fountains
driving.gif

I'm game for a donut run also once I figure out this high RPM bucking. Think its the points, but I'm still waiting on my dwell meter to come in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.