Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPJs914
Hello!

I am working on a project 914 and am looking to have my 901 transmission rebuilt. Does anyone have any suggestions for shops in the Milwaukee, Chicago, or Minneapolis areas? I'm new to the Area and haven't a clue where to look or go. Any help is appreciated.
Dr Evil
Since you are near Chicago, look up Brad Mayer in Peoria. Real nice guy and smart. I will see if I can find his address...
ThePaintedMan
... And the good Dr. is being modest. smile.gif Heard good things about Brad, but also consider sending it to the guy who just replied to you. Dr. Evil has been at this for a very long time, with a great reputation for great quality work at a reasonable budget as well.
somd914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 16 2013, 09:54 PM) *

... And the good Dr. is being modest. smile.gif Heard good things about Brad, but also consider sending it to the guy who just replied to you. Dr. Evil has been at this for a very long time, with a great reputation for great quality work at a reasonable budget as well.

agree.gif
gms
914 LTD
(309) 694-1767
Brad had been fixing 914s since the 1970s
GeorgeRud
I'd second the suggestion of Brad Mayeur. He's known these cars since they were new!

If that's too far, you could also try contacting Sol Snyderman @ Perfect Power in Buffalo Grove, IL (847-465-8837), Larry Marzano at Precision Porsche Service in Spring Grove, IL (815-713-5190), or George Weatherud @ Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville, IL.

If you can break the transmission down, Dr. Evil does a great rebuild of the gear stack for a very reasonable price as well. Simply ship him the stack and he'll do the rest!
Dr Evil
All of the aforementioned will give you a quality build. I do full builds, not just stacks, if you need. My prices are competitive, but Brad is closer and not expensive from what I have seen.

Thanks for the props you guys smile.gif
JPJs914
Thank you all for the info. My goal is to not have to ship it anywhere but I may do that if need be.
Dr Evil
It is easier than you think to ship, but it is about $90 each way coast to coast. About $65 from you to me if that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.