Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB- Steering rack pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hwgunner
Are 911 and 914 steering rack pans the same?? I was told they are so I am looking for a steering rack pan for my 911. Let me know what you have. beer3.gif
914itis
I replaced my front suspension with a 912e, I was told that it is the same as a 911. Last week I decided to put back the steering pan and I got a big surprise. It is completely different.

To answer your questions if the 911 is the same as a 912, then it will not fit.
hwgunner
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 16 2013, 06:46 PM) *

I replaced my front suspension with a 912e, I was told that it is the same as a 911. Last week I decided to put back the steering pan and I got a big surprise. It is completely different.

The 912E and the 911 are the same so I guess I was told wrong. Dang headbang.gif
Anyone have an extra 911 steering rack pan from a car that had an aluminum cross member (hehe!! I just sai.............. Sorry, back to normal now). beerchug.gif
914itis
I was thinking of fabricating one for my car. I wonder what others use in my case.
euro911
Yeah, they're totally different, Jonathan. Probably have better luck on Pelican.
bdstone914
I have one somewhere........ Ill let you know if I find it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 16 2013, 06:46 PM) *

You failed to ask the right question! 911 and 914 steering rack covers ARE the same, "IF" you consider "WHICH" 911/912 you're gonna get the parts from. When they moved the sway bar they had to change the configuration of the cover. The 912E cover "IS" the same as the one on a 911 of the same year, but NOT the 914, and a 912E is NOT the same as a 912. That's why they call it a "912E" and not a "912".

The Cap'n
gcrotvik
So does that mean the pan from an early (pre 74 I believe) 911/912 that had a through body sway bar is the same as the 914? If so, didn't know that.
hwgunner
Thanks guys! I think i got one and maybe 2. BD and Slits are each bringing one to G&R and Elliuut said he would bring them to me. Thanks again. beer3.gif
bdstone914
Checked the part number and compared a 914 and 911 cover and they are different.
This is the one I have.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.