Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sells heavy springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
Having some grief finding a source for some heavy rear springs.
Thanks in advance! chowtime.gif
914pipe
In a stock form, not sure if http://www.paragon-products.com/ got them. For coilover configuration you can try paragon, colemanracing.com or even ebay
speed metal army
QUOTE(nukepipe @ Apr 16 2013, 09:05 PM) *

In a stock form, not sure if http://www.paragon-products.com/ got them. For coilover configuration you can try paragon, colemanracing.com or even ebay

No dice at paragon that I could find.Not looking for coilovers..Or maybe I should be?? idea.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Apr 17 2013, 12:30 AM) *

QUOTE(nukepipe @ Apr 16 2013, 09:05 PM) *

No dice at paragon that I could find.Not looking for coilovers..Or maybe I should be?? idea.gif

The rears are already coil overs...

Go to Coleman racing and get the adjustable perches for the smaller diameter springs.
Then you can get any spring rate you want, and they are a lot cheaper than the normal diameter.

Rich
bluhun
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Apr 16 2013, 08:45 PM) *

Elephant Racing has them.
bulitt
Eibach has a catalog where you can order by diameter and spring rate, but not cheap. Thinking about 120$/ pair.
Phoenix-MN
Another source :

http://www.hypercoils.com/

They have all the goodie's
ww914
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Apr 16 2013, 08:45 PM) *

I have a pair of 220 lb springs you can have for $75 plus shipping.
Chris Pincetich
If you need greater than 180 lbs for rear springs, best to swap to the parts that allow the 2.5" diameter (non stock) springs which come in lots of lengths and degrees of stiffness. beerchug.gif
It may be the only option. I did this three years ago and appreciate having spring perches w more adjustments for ride height in the back.
Andyrew
I got some springs from summit racing. But I have true coil over perches from Coleman Racing. I think I paid like $80 for a pair of springs new... Whatever pound you what in 25lb increments. I used 10" springs.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 17 2013, 02:23 PM) *

I got some springs from summit racing. But I have true coil over perches from Coleman Racing. I think I paid like $80 for a pair of springs new... Whatever pound you what in 25lb increments. I used 10" springs.

Hey Andrew,
Are the shock diameters the same between bils and konis?Also how long is the sleeve on the kit you bought?Thanks Man!
Dasnowman
Hi Tom there is a spring place in Surrey by Scott Rd that has springs any shape and size and weight rating. I have them re arc and temper my worn out toyota leaf springs on my truck and also had them lower and stiffen my jetta springs.

Dendoff Springs

speed metal army
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Apr 18 2013, 09:06 PM) *

Hi Tom there is a spring place in Surrey by Scott Rd that has springs any shape and size and weight rating. I have them re arc and temper my worn out toyota leaf springs on my truck and also had them lower and stiffen my jetta springs.

Dendoff Springs

Hey thanks Snowy!Im digging the adjustable coilover business..If I can make my Konis work,im in for the smaller dia springs and the adjustability.
How is the car?
Andyrew
I've got koni yellows in the rear.

Shock Diameter I dont believe is the same.. I think I had to have a machine shop machine out the coil perch a few hundreths. This was 10 years ago... but It was like $40 bucks.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 18 2013, 09:51 PM) *

I've got koni yellows in the rear.

Shock Diameter I dont believe is the same.. I think I had to have a machine shop machine out the coil perch a few hundreths. This was 10 years ago... but It was like $40 bucks.

Hey Andy,
Which threaded sleeve length did you go with?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.