Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW: Porsche Show on 4/28 at Triple XXX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,
the Porsche Show at Triple XXX in Issaquah is on 4/28 (http://triplexrootbeer.com/), I plan to go and I have heard from Jerry Mahoney that he and Jamie plan to come up. Who else is planning to go? The last two years we met at the McDonalds at Exit 7 from I-405, how about 10:00 AM on 4/28 and then go over to Triple XXX????
- Juergen
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 16 2013, 08:45 PM) *

Hello,
the Porsche Show at Triple XXX in Issaquah is on 4/28 (http://triplexrootbeer.com/), I plan to go and I have heard from Jerry Mahoney that he and Jamie plan to come up. Who else is planning to go? The last two years we met at the McDonalds at Exit 7 from I-405, how about 10:00 AM on 4/28 and then go over to Triple XXX????
- Juergen

It's on my calender. I'm an all-weather teener driver; I know for a fact mine won't melt in rain. shades.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 16 2013, 07:45 PM) *

Hello,
- Juergen

I posted on the Teener Tuesday thread that I'm a 'probable maybe', but if Jerry's going to be there it raises the odds.

Don't tell Greenie about this, he may expect me to hook up his battery charger. hide.gif
audio_file
I'll be there, it gives me a deadline/motivation to get the backdating done on my bumpers!
sawzall-smiley.gif
Chris
JRust
Yep I'm heading up to Jerry's the night before. Then we'll be coming up in his 914 assuming the weather is nice enough. It needs to be put through it's paces. I am just the guy to do it too evilgrin.gif
PanelBilly
I'm off to Portland that day. I'm still trying to figure out if I can make the breakfast before I head out
boxstr
Be there in 911.. biggrin.gif
Craig at CAMP
Mr.242
I have every intent on attending.
JRust
What about Mike? Better get on your brother to show up Mark. Even if his six is taken apart & he can't drive it down. Give him the honor of riding down with you evilgrin.gif
NORD

6FREAK could trailer his car down poke.gif
boxstr
Jamie, maybe you can bring your trailer up and rent it out... tongue.gif
JRust
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 20 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Jamie, maybe you can bring your trailer up and rent it out... tongue.gif

Hey I resemble that remark blink.gif
aircooledtechguy
Unfortunately, life just got in the way of my plans for this Sunday. I know you all will represent well. I'm really sorry I'll miss seeing Jerry. sad.gif
Daiberl
Put the engine back into the LE, now I have to connect everything and hope it works, test drive on Saturday and hopefully ready on Sunday for Triple XXX, looking forward to see you at 10 AM at the McDonalds at Exit 7 I-405!
rjames
Planning on attending, piratenanner.gif then coming right back home and removing the tranny to ship to Dr. Evil for a rebuild. dry.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 24 2013, 02:47 AM) *

Put the engine back into the LE, now I have to connect everything and hope it works, test drive on Saturday and hopefully ready on Sunday for Triple XXX, looking forward to see you at 10 AM at the McDonalds at Exit 7 I-405!

What did you find with this engine removeal???
I won't make it to this event even though I am back in town for 8 months..next time.
Daiberl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 24 2013, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 24 2013, 02:47 AM) *

What did you find with this engine removeal???
I won't make it to this event even though I am back in town for 8 months..next time.

Didn't find anything wrong, put the shims in so less compression, exhaust leak fixed, will know more once I start it whether the overheating is fixed. Might ping you for some help smile.gif
KELTY360
Planning on being at Exit 7 McD's at 10:00am. Weather looks dicey - so what else is new.
PanelBilly
I'm driving to Portland today and that means I'm free on Sunday to attend. I'm also hoping to get a hand putting in my new windshield too.
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 25 2013, 02:39 PM) *

I'm driving to Portland today and that means I'm free on Sunday to attend. I'm also hoping to get a hand putting in my new windshield too.

Happy to help with the windshield. Hope to have everything up and running on Saturday on the LE, when do you plan to do the windshield?
kwlane
I can help with your windshield, right now plan to be at McDonalds at 10:00 on Sunday
rjames
Supposed to be raining this weekend. They need to change the date of this thing. Didn't it rain last year and the year before that? mad.gif
PanelBilly
I have everything but the glass and it should arrive today. If I could get a hand after the xxx meet that would be great
PanelBilly
I have everything but the glass and it should arrive today. If I could get a hand after the xxx meet that would be great
KELTY360
QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 25 2013, 08:52 PM) *

Supposed to be raining this weekend. They need to change the date of this thing. Didn't it rain last year and the year before that? mad.gif

Yeah, maybe they should schedule it on a Wednesday. It never rains on Wednesday! biggrin.gif
JRust
Yeah to bad it isn't today. Gorgeous out there right now. Wish I was looking at Porsche's drooley.gif instead of work dry.gif
rhodyguy
driving north on I-5 don't go thru seattle and across the I-90 bridge. all sorts of work being done on 5. take 405. heading back south don't go thru tacoma on 5. south 38th st exit is closed for 3 months. there may be problems, it's a bad pinch point and there will be frustrated drivers WTF.gif . use 405 south to hwy 167 south to hwy 512 and forward to the 5.

k
PanelBilly
Headed from the south. Take I5 to 18 and then get on the Hobart-Issaquah road. Leads you right to the XXX
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 27 2013, 08:23 AM) *

Headed from the south. Take I5 to 18 and then get on the Hobart-Issaquah road. Leads you right to the XXX

Issaquah-Hobart is a nice road. Keep an eye out for the Yellow Submarine.
Ductech
I really should drag my ass off to this meet. I've been so busy with my new job I haven't been out and about in forever. I've been using the turbo turd for a daily commuter lately!
messix
i'm on-call at work so you guys take lots of pictures for me please.
JRust
Well I am close to leaving my place. Heading up to Kelso tonight to stay at Jerry's. Guess we will see some of you at Mcdonalds biggrin.gif . the rest at the show piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
I got my windshield, so I'm looking for some talented help after the teener infestation of the 911s
Mr.242
I believe I am out. Rainy day and I have NO rain shields.

Check. I went out and it was only a little wet. piratenanner.gif
Daiberl
Power outage in LFP, might mot make 10 AM but plan to come directly to Triple XXX if I can't get out here in time.
rjames
Decided the car needs to get out today, wet roads and all. Looks like it's not supposed to rain at all today. I won't be able to get there any earlier than 11am so I'll unfortunately miss the prefunction meetup.
Zaney
I am here and it isn't raining anymore!
No excuses! Come on out!
Mr.242
Here's one pic. Good times.
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
My favorite from the day. Not alot of car shown, but a good pic none-the-less.

Click to view attachment
rjames
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Apr 28 2013, 06:39 PM) *

My favorite from the day. Not alot of car shown, but a good pic none-the-less.

Click to view attachment

Edit:
This must be Daiberl's car. I thought it was mine at first, but the paint on mine is nowhere near that nice!

rjames
A couple more pics:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Sailor
Good to see you all there. Eric had a blast. Some how I ended up coming home with this.....
Click to view attachment
Daiberl
QUOTE(Sailor @ Apr 30 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Good to see you all there. Eric had a blast. Some how I ended up coming home with this.....
Click to view attachment

Congratulations!
6freak
nice! smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Sailor @ Apr 30 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

CONGRATS!!!

Are you and Eric planning to attend WCR this year in The Dalles?? Hope to see you there. . . Sorry I missed you all at the XXX. headbang.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Sailor @ Apr 30 2013, 09:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Wow! How cool is that? I bet Eric was pretty excited. Good to see both of you Brian.
rjames
Who had the gold 914 pictured at the far end in one of my pics? I realize I wasn't being overly social and didn't make it a point to meet everyone. The gold 914 and I pretty much followed each other home and got off at an exit near my house in Shoreline.
jim_hoyland
Congrats Brian ! beerchug.gif

What happened to Greenie ?
KELTY360
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 1 2013, 05:07 PM) *

Congrats Brian ! beerchug.gif

What happened to Greenie ?

He defected to E. Washington where the sun always shines. The General made him do it. shades.gif
boxstr
Gold 914 was the first one there. It had a Subie motor and Jon Kelly flairs added to the rear.
Weather was wet until about 1, then it got much better later in the day. I could live at the Starbucks up there!
CCL at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.