Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75' 914 1.8, 2900 original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
porboy
Hi 914ers,

I just got a 75' 1.8 with 2900 orig miles, used to belong to my neighbor, he bought it new and didn't drive it much. It is in concours condition and is all orig, it takes me back to the 70s.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(porboy @ Apr 17 2013, 06:31 PM) *

Hi 914ers,

I just got a 75' 1.8 with 2900 orig miles, used to belong to my neighbor, he bought it new and didn't drive it much. It is in concours condition and is all orig, it takes me back to the 70s.

Sweet car! How about some more pics?
914itis
Wow! I am jealous. That looks great.
sbsix
That's a time machine. You may have the lowest mileage 914. There's a green 914-6 with 5,606 documented miles owned by AA. You beat that by quite a bit.

Are you going to drive it or make it a show piece?

welcome.png
porboy
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(sbsix @ Apr 17 2013, 08:32 PM) *

That's a time machine. You may have the lowest mileage 914. There's a green 914-6 with 5,606 documented miles owned by AA. You beat that by quite a bit.

Are you going to drive it or make it a show piece?

welcome.png

Hi, I will drive it alittle, maybe show it.
Ferg
blink.gif wow, speechless smilie_pokal.gif
orthobiz
A picture of the odometer would render us even MORE speechless!!

Paul
jesiv
Could you please post pics of the engine compartment I am particularly interested in the hose, fittings and wiring. I have a 75 1.8 and would love to see how the stock engine compartment looked

Thank you!!

Regards

James
McMark
agree.gif

It may seem tedious or irrelevant, but the more pictures you can post, the better. It's not often cars like this show up and we can learn a lot about originality from them.
euro911
Wow, what a find!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ May 1 2013, 09:29 PM) *

agree.gif

It may seem tedious or irrelevant, but the more pictures you can post, the better. It's not often cars like this show up and we can learn a lot about originality from them.

Absolutely correct! We need lotsa pics of everything on this 914.
Johny Blackstain
Impressive, most impressive...
more pics please popcorn[1].gif
MoveQik
Hole. E. Crap!!

That is amazing. Like others have said, more pics please!!
rjames
...2900 orig miles, used to belong to my neighbor, he bought it new and didn't drive it much.

"didn't drive it much" is quite the understatement. Translates to ~76 miles per year. blink.gif

Wow. Unbelievable find!
914Sixer
A set of Fuchs or Mahles and you are done.
dlkawashima
Some of you might remember that porboy was the one that bought (and then shortly thereafter sold) the '75 Berber Yellow with about about 11,000 miles on it. I really don't know how one can be so lucky to acquire two ultra low mileage 914s but I guess it's all about being at the right place at the right time.

Anyway, I too would really like to see this car fully documented with pictures, but if that happens, I think it'll have to be from the next owner. The car was up for sale a few days back on craigslist (the ad has since expired):

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=210294
Ferg
Still want pics hissyfit.gif
914runnow
QUOTE(jesiv @ Apr 29 2013, 08:30 AM) *

Could you please post pics of the engine compartment I am particularly interested in the hose, fittings and wiring. I have a 75 1.8 and would love to see how the stock engine compartment looked

Thank you!!

Regards

James

Ditto!!!oh plz oh plz... beerchug.gif
beware the Germans will be contacting you..
maybe even Porsche..
that one is nicer than the one in the Museum!!!!
yes would love pics of engine etc...
Thanx Rx
914runnow
Damn the sticker is still on the steering wheel!!
pete000
Looks like the dealer slathered Zibart under the wheel wells...That's a bummer !
orthobiz
porboy last active May 20.

Paul
914runnow
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 7 2013, 01:56 PM) *

porboy last active May 20.

Paul

Damn...pulled what I could from here and evil /bay re engine pics..
wanted more in side....
damn headbang.gif !!!!
that is a Cali plumbing special BTW....more stuff than a standard
1.8 re hoses tubes etc....
oh well got what I could....
RFoulds
It also had the dealer installed A/C

Anyone know where it went?
JeffBowlsby
I have corresponded with the owner - he is in the bay area. I hope to see the car in the future.
914runnow
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 22 2013, 08:46 PM) *

I have corresponded with the owner - he is in the bay area. I hope to see the car in the future.

Damn good job and thanx....
talk about your new car smell...
with those miles....
would love a pic of the seat sensor
under psngr side..
and if it had that tar underneath the carpets..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.