Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, It's Come to This
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I tried to install new brake lines today but apparently I need help. The old lines are S/S and are being replaced w/ rubber Meyle's. The old line has a small end on each end whereas the Meyle has one small and one large. WTF.gif It fit's tightly on the hard line off the caliper but loose as a goose on those 1/2 union fittings which are both a bit smaller.

old n new

Click to view attachment

different size ends

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have more pic's if needed. The size difference is appx .020.

'73-914kid
Just dab a dollop of black RTV on the hose, and let it sit over night. You'll be fine smash.gif

But yeah, remove the union from the car. the hose mounts to the car, and the hardline screws directly into the hard line.
Elliot Cannon
If you don't use the union, don't you have two female fittings? One on the hose and one on the car?
Elliot Cannon
Wait a minute! German auto part, made in Italy, with Russian writing on the label? No wonder it doesn't fit. happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
76-914
Thx, makes sense. Duh! Technically speaking, this doesn't have to go in the what I did WRONG thread, does it? biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2013, 09:11 PM) *

...don't you have two female fittings? One on the hose and one on the car?

doesn't the hard line have a captured male threaded nut to screw into the female end of the rubber line?
Click to view attachment
So no double female seeing each other....
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 18 2013, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2013, 09:11 PM) *

...don't you have two female fittings? One on the hose and one on the car?

doesn't the hard line have a captured male threaded nut to screw into the female end of the rubber line?
Click to view attachment
So no double female seeing each other....

I think you're right but what size is it??
bare 1
Technically there are no unions in the line. Different fitting. Lose that adapter on the car and the lines will go together like Scotty boy says.
76-914
QUOTE(bare 1 @ Apr 18 2013, 12:19 PM) *

Technically there are no unions in the line. Different fitting. Lose that adapter on the car and the lines will go together like Scotty boy says.

1/2 union, not union. the adapter is a half union. and yes, I will be doing it like scotty says.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.