Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electronic Flasher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
In looking at the suprebright LED website they recommend a 5 pin electronic flasher when converting to LED lights apparently used on Ford trucks.
Click to view attachment

From the schematic the stock flasher appears to be a 4 pin unit.

Does the mounting socket have an unused 5th socket; can the extra pin just be cut off; or is there another source you have used for a 4 pin flasher?

Thanks,
Harvey
stugray
nevermind - see below
stugray
That unit is different from my explanation above:
The 5 terminals are:
L - Load (LED +)
B - Batt (power IN)
I - Ignition (must be an "enable")
E - Gnd (chassis)
H - Hazard Sw (activate)

http://www.ledlight.com/electronic-led-flasher-ep27.aspx

Stu
Mike Bellis
The factory flasher has dual contacts inside. One for the dash indicator and one for the exterior lamps. You could make it work if you rewire the dash indicator and connect it to the exterior lamps. If you have the dual lamp dash indicator this is easy. If you have the single dash lamp, you will need 2 diodes to isolate the left and right circuits.
HarveyH
Mike / Stu,
From your replies I'm thinking screwy.gif a three pin flasher could be used this way using spade lugs and jumper wiring into the existing socket:

Click to view attachment

Comments / Corrections????

Thanks,
Harvey
Mike Bellis
The blue jumper you have to the factory blue/white wire will complete the flasher circuit and cause it to flash all the time.

Instead:
You need 2 diodes, Connect one to the black/green wire and one to the black/white wire. The other side of both diodes goes to the blue/white indicator wire. Diode stripes go toward the dash indicator.

Normally, the switch opens the circuit, preventing flashing.
HarveyH
Like this?

Click to view attachment

Am I right in thinking the only load on the diodes is the Turn Signal Indicator and that would only be around 350mA? (Two 2W bulbs in parallell and even less using LED's) If so, I would think the good old 1N4001 should be more than sufficient.

Thanks for your help,
Harvey
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Apr 22 2013, 04:43 PM) *

Like this?

Click to view attachment

Am I right in thinking the only load on the diodes is the Turn Signal Indicator and that would only be around 350mA? (Two 2W bulbs in parallell and even less using LED's) If so, I would think the good old 1N4001 should be more than sufficient.

Thanks for your help,
Harvey

Yes, perfect...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.