Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gifted914
G'day all.
Does anyone know the operating voltage and amps on the yellow injector fo the 1.7ltr.
I dont't thing it is straight 12 volts.

Peter
442nd914s
Here's some info iI found for you at Pelican's web site. Just remember a device will only pull/draw what is intended to use, no more no less. Example: A 10amp light WILL ONLY draw 10 amps from a 30 amp source

Pelican info:
As for opening the injectors with a battery, a 9V might work ok. Be aware, the issue here is what current you're passing through the injector.

You seem to have a D-Jet system, if so, the internal resistance of the injector is about 3 ohms. There is a 6 ohm (5 W rating) load resistor in the ECU that is in series with the injector. System voltage is about 13.5 V, which is dropped down to about 12.2 V through diode drops by the time it's applied to the injector. After the initial transient (due to the inductance of the injector coil) dies down, the current through the injector is about 12.2/9 = 1.35 A.

If you just apply 9V directly to the injector, the steady-state current is 9/3 = 3 A, or about 2.2 times the normal current load. Additionally, a 3 A load on a 9 V battery is probably far in excess of what it can supply, and that the actual applied voltage is considerably less (as would be the current). The battery will likely run down quickly.

From what I've heard (haven't tried it myself), the injector will open with fairly low voltage. High voltage is used in actual operation to open the injector more quickly for precise fuel metering. I've heard that one or two D cell batteries in series will open the injector, and will also keep the current low. You might want to give it a try. __________________ Brad Anders

Hope this helps.
P.s. I tried this mayself with a 6vdc 500ma old answer machine power supply/adapter with great success
r_towle
A single AA battery will open and close an injector while troubleshooting.

If you are asking the question because you are building your own fuel injection, your answers are above.

Rich
reharvey
The injectors fire using 3 volts. The cold start injector uses 12 volts. Put to much juice to them and they're toast. When I'm cleaning mine I open them using a DC train transformer. Set the transformer at 3 volts using a multimeter. Been doing this for years--works every time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.