Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powder Coating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I want to powder coat the Bursch exhaust parts that are visable under the rear valance. System is showing surface rust; can these parts be powder coated ? How much should I expect to pay ? Any recommendations for Huntington Beach - Costa Mesa area ?
JB 914
I used a place off Gothard just south of Slater on the left hand side. Cant miss it. Big sign saying 'powder coating'

i don't know how well the powder coat holds up to heat. i got my sheetmetal done at that place.
jim_hoyland
Seen that place.. I'll stop by.
skline
Go with the ceramic coating for the exhaust, it is said to hold up better. There are several places in HB. I took my stuff to the place Joe did and they screwed me around on it for a week so I picked it up and took it to another place called Specialized, their number is 714-841-2479. The got it done for me in 3 days and it was perfect. There is a polishing shop right next door too.
Chris914n6
Por-15 makes a hi-temp paint....

Chris
gregrobbins
You can get special high temp. exhaust system paint at your local FLAPS. Just redid my headers in "silver" and they look pretty good. Now I will see how they handle the heat.
Rgreen914
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 22 2004, 09:09 PM)
Go with the ceramic coating for the exhaust, it is said to hold up better. There are several places in HB. I took my stuff to the place Joe did and they screwed me around on it for a week so I picked it up and took it to another place called Specialized, their number is 714-841-2479. The got it done for me in 3 days and it was perfect. There is a polishing shop right next door too.

skline is right; talk to Kelly at Specialized Coatings, but don't tell him that an old Parole Agent recommended their place (just kidding).

Ron
kermit
Ceramic coating is definately the way to go - a solid permanent solution. The high-temp paint tends to burn off as the miles begin to pile up.

I've been told that the cermamic coating is so efficient at transfering heat away from the headers/heat exchangers and towards the muffler, that it can dramatically reduce engine temperatures, since all the heat isn't rising directly over onto the engine.

That, my friend, sounds like a really good thing.

BTW, what kind of prices are shops asking to ceramic coat an exhaust system now a days?
mack914
Also check the Jet-Coat website.
jim_hoyland
What cross streets is specialized near ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.