Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn: 911 Owners/Experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
This was in that 911 toolkit pouch I bought. Not sure it even belongs in that pouch. Please tell me what is it called and for what purpose. Or is it a 914 tool???

Thanks in advance!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Painted spare tire hold down.
Kaduku
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 17 2013, 09:07 PM) *

911 assume?
Bullethead
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Apr 18 2013, 12:40 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 17 2013, 09:07 PM) *

911 assume?

No, they don't have one.
Cupomeat
How big is it?

Looks like about 4" long?

The thumb screw reminds me of the electronic cover in the engine (but this is a metal/steel peice), but otherwise, I've never seen one like that on a 69-98 911. Might be the lost grail of 911 parts and worth $$$$ lol-2.gif

I'll keep thinking about it as it could be a tool that I've never seen (as you said)
Scott S
That thumb screw looks exactlythe same at the spare tire hold down in my 911. The shape of the bar is different though....
Kaduku
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 18 2013, 10:16 AM) *

How big is it?

Looks like about 4" long?

The thumb screw reminds me of the electronic cover in the engine (but this is a metal/steel peice), but otherwise, I've never seen one like that on a 69-98 911. Might be the lost grail of 911 parts and worth $$$$ lol-2.gif

I'll keep thinking about it as it could be a tool that I've never seen (as you said)

It is 6.5" long and 2 5/8" at the ends. The thumb screw appears to be plastic.

It was part of a toolkit pouch that I bought from a friend. This was a thread about it.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=Help+identify

The tow hook was already sold on eBay and the pouch is currently listed too. I researched the toolkit and found out it may have been provided to 914-6 owner's too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.