Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Car Pix ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
here are some more pix from last weekend.

enjoy!
Andy

http://www.sirandy.com/projects/2003.05.19.asp
Brad Roberts
I'm begining to think its not your camera.. its your EYES.

As you would say "Man, that is bad".

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 19 2003, 05:57 PM)
I'm begining to think its not your camera.. its your EYES.

As you would say "Man, that is bad".

yeah, i'm suspecting sabotage smile.gif
it looks sharp in the view-finder but when i hit the button and the camera is done with the picture, it's blurry (in the finder).
wtf?!?

the ones where i go to manual setting for closeup are fine as well as the ones for infinity, but the "normal" range ones are fucked up most of the time.
grrrrrr ...

oh well, my life's a blurr anyways ...
Andy
Brad Roberts
Your moving the camera around.. it doesnt have a "steady shot" feature.. I found this out with Jasons camera. Same shit. My crap camera has a steady shot feature.. cant be out of focus.

B
Gint
It looks good Andy (I think). I'd love to see some pics. Got any good ones? wink.gif

Which flavor POR15 black is that? Gloss? Semi? It looks pretty shiny.
Bleyseng
All cameras will be blury if you move the camera as its taking a picture and the shutter speed is 1/125th or less. Most digitals also have a delay from when you press the button to when they take the picture. Why, because that when they do the autofocus thing. If you pay more money the delay is shorter and shorter the more you pay. Speed costs money! I am sure you know that!
I went with the Nikon 5000 because its 5megapixals and fast delay.
So slow down and hold the camera steady while you are shooting long after you think the god damn thing has shot and your pictures and us will thank you.
Geoff
(my degree is in Photography, go figure)
Brad Roberts
YES !! Geoff nailed it. That is what I was trying to say.. I would hit the button and run.. like me crap camera... cant do that with yours it needs time to focus so you can take billion pixel pics and shrink them later.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 19 2003, 06:45 PM)
Which flavor POR15 black is that? Gloss? Semi? It looks pretty shiny.

it's the Glossy Gloss kind ...
MarkV
Some of the early digital cameras had a big delay. I take lots of photos of houses for work. First time I used my old camera, I got back to the office and half of the photos were of the side view mirror & the interior of the car.

If you hold the shutter button down half way before you shoot the picture & wait for the autofocus to stop you will get way better photos.

bs.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 19 2003, 07:02 PM)
it looks sharp in the view-finder but when i hit the button and the camera is done with the picture, it's blurry (in the finder).
wtf?!?
oh well, my life's a blurr anyways ...
Andy

The only problem with your pics is that they exhibit camera movement. Maybe it will be a help to you to understand why it is happening with your pics.

Think of every pic you take as being made up of two images combined together.

One image is the one that is recorded in a thousandth of a second when the flash goes off. It is so quick there is no time for blurring movement to happen.

The other is recorded in a much longer time frame using the ambient light that's in the scene you are capturing. Outside in the sun, this is a pretty brief time, but in a darkened room the exposure becomes pretty long. It is at this time, the camera is recording your blurring movement.

Your camera wants to use both the flash and the ambient light to produce your picture. So both of these images are produced simutaneously and become a composited image that produces your single picture.

To help minimize camera movement when you shoot, and eliminate your blurred effect, you might consider trying some of these things:

Try to brace the camera on anything solid.
It even helps to brace your elbows against your body.
Here is the most important. Before you shoot, take a deep breath, and being very still, hold it for a zen second, and slowly release it. About halfway through slowly releasing your breath, gently (GENTLY), squeeze the shutter release. A second later, you can move. If all goes accordingly, you may be able to see a difference in your pics.

However, your life may still be a blurr smile.gif Good luck.
ChrisReale
Andy, your car is looking great. The paint is so juicy looking, I wanna take a bite out of it :cursor:
If you have answered this question before, please pardon me, but what is your intended use for this car? Daily Driver, ax toy, chick picker-upper (oh, you just got married, nevermind tongue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ May 19 2003, 11:05 PM)
If you have answered this question before, please pardon me, but what is your intended use for this car? Daily Driver, ax toy, chick picker-upper (oh, you just got married, nevermind tongue.gif

all of the above cool.gif

daily driver, time trail etc., babe magnet (Shannon likes girlzz too!)

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.