Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best place to buy seat upholstery and carpet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jbachert
Auto Atlanta sells it...but I haven't had the best experience with them on some orders....

So....looking for known good sources of a upholstery kit for the seats and a carpet kit.

Thanks!
John
shuie
Autos International in Escondido, CA
jbachert
QUOTE(shuie @ Apr 18 2013, 11:29 AM) *

Will they just sell the components or do they have to do the work?

It isn't obvious from their website:

www.porschetopsandinteriors.net
shuie
The 2nd sentence on the homepage says they offer the interiors in kit form for the DIY'er.

Call them and talk to someone about your project. They are the best in the business. I suspect they will sell you anything you could want or need for your interior.
matt5596
QUOTE(shuie @ Apr 18 2013, 11:29 AM) *

agree.gif

I got the raw material from them at a decent price and found someone local to sew it all together. My '71 had the black corduroy originally but $200 per yard was a bit steep for me. I ended up with Bedford which gives the look of corduroy but for less than $30 per yard. I think it turned out great.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
I also had Auto's International provide their kit for my seats, and they look great. I did have them use the corduroy seat surfaces for the kits, and couldn't be happier with the results.

I'd also recommend giving them a call and talk to them.
turk22
I got mine from these guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-914-FRONT-...0dc&vxp=mtr

very happy with the quality of the material and the fit. I put it on myself, and it came out pretty good, I have a thread that has a bunch of pictures on the installation, and there is one in the classics thread as well.

I purchased my Carpet kit from 914Rubber.com, I have not installed it yet, but the quality looks very good, and I'll post pics once its installed.

Turk
jbachert
QUOTE(shuie @ Apr 18 2013, 11:44 AM) *

The 2nd sentence on the homepage says they offer the interiors in kit form for the DIY'er.

Thank you for pointing this out. I was looking at the web page on my phone and just skimmed the text on my small screen and didn't see that.
jbachert
Thank you all for the information!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.