Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to get the hood open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John1180
I tried search, but couldn't find anything. Any tips on this? Front bumper is off if that helps.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(John1180 @ Apr 18 2013, 04:54 PM) *

I tried search, but couldn't find anything. Any tips on this? Front bumper is off if that helps.

There is a small rubber grommet right in the center of the front header panel. Pop it out and it should allow you to manipulate the latch mechanism.
SLITS
As I remember, there is a little hole somewhere around the latch. You can poke a screwdriver in there and release the latch. Push the mechanism to the right as you are facing it.
dlee6204
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 18 2013, 05:02 PM) *

There is a small rubber grommet right in the center of the front header panel. Pop it out and it should allow you to manipulate the latch mechanism.

agree.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Once you get it open, remove the cable from the housing to lube it and all the other moving parts.
John1180
Great tips, thanks!
rhodyguy
check where the wire sleeve is captured at the latch. if it has slipped out of its clamp that can make for a real hard pull to release.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.