Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable nut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
What is the size of the nut that adjusts the clutch cable. The one that uses the 11mn tool.
Cupomeat
Good question, as I want to know as well.

I've just ordered them from Pelican parts as spares but once they get loose, I can't find it...
wildman
If i had to make a guess i would say they are m7x1 because i remember having to drill the hole in my home made clutch clevis bigger than 1/4 inch which would be clearance for m6 and less than 21/64 and they are fine thread. I can verify that tonight.
GeorgeRud
Definitely 7mm. Not the easiest size to find at your local hardware store. You can get a bunch at McMaster Carr or other sources, or perhaps some Auto Parts stores may have some. Really wish they would simply supply them with the clutch cables to cut down on running around.

I keep an extra one or two on my spare clutch cable just in case.
Dave_Darling
Yup, they're M7. You may find that an M8 nut seems to fit, but the first time you push the clutch pedal down the nut will shoot off and get lost in the garage...

I found M7 nuts at my local OSH, but that was a while ago.

--DD
euro911
I bought a bag at OSH too.

It's a good idea to carry a couple of nuts, a 1.1/2" spacer and a spare trunnion block along with your spare cable idea.gif
partwerks
Ace Hardware has them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.