Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modern Day Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
WOWZA!
rjames
I can see some resemblances between the 918 prototype and the 914.
Click to view attachment
Midman914
Kinda looks looks like a Lotus Exige, a Boxter and some kind of Ferrari had a threesome love child. Styling needs to be a little more quirky to carry the torch of the modern 914. One last thing, they need to add a series of low powered VW engined versions. sunglasses.gif All that said, it is a sweet car that I will probably never own. That is one of the many reasons I love the original. I can actually own one. Viva la 914!
Elliot Cannon
Modern day teener? Inexpensive entry level? There will never, EVER be another car like the 914. Inexpensive Porsche is an oxymoron. happy11.gif Although I guess that could be said of the Boxster. driving.gif Adjusted for inflation. Todays dollars etc. etc.
Mr.242
Best thing is my wife says she likes it!

piratenanner.gif
partwerks
I'll just drive that old iron. Taxes/insurance are cheaper too.
tacm
QUOTE(Midman914 @ Apr 19 2013, 09:49 PM) *

they need to add a series of low powered VW engined versions.

Rust....dont forget the rust
SKL1
This is what I consider a modern day 914- maybe not a VW engine, but does have a Toyota engine smile.gif

Had this car for a couple years- wish I still had it. A blast to drive. Wife didn't like getting into it, but did admit it was comfortable once over the wide sill.

Click to view attachment
3d914
At first glance the 918 does appear to offer some of the modern elements of the 914, but quite honestly - I don't see Porsche ever building on the 914 legacy. And when you look closer you can see that the 918 is more of a blend between the Carrera GT and a Boxster. It also is intended to be a super-car, like the GT - which the 914 was never intended or imaged to be.

Now with that dose of reality aside, there's nothing I'd like more than to prove Porsche wrong - that the 914 could be imagined and intended into being a super-car. There are just too many examples of that with the 40 year-old model. Image what could be done with a more modernized version with:
  • Improved aerodynamics
  • maintain light weight
  • more rigid unibody
  • improved materials
  • enhanced suspension
  • wide range of powerplants
Bear in mind I'm just thinking out loud. But wouldn't it be cool if the owners of the 40 year-old 914 could design the next-generation 914? I think we could come up with a world-class car.
VegasRacer
Felix did it in this thread. neo914

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.