Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No PC - but car stuff. Thought you guys might like this....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
We have some pretty tall/blank walls down at the shop - it adds to the "soulessness" of being in a big biege warehouse space. I found a company that can blow up decent resolution pictures to almost infinite size. The pic is 15'x 35' and the clarity is amaizing. The c-type in the poster is actually life sized.

Click to view attachment

Now I have to figure out how to build a frame to stretch it over (that isn't too heavy) and then get it up on the wall.

It will be hanging on the wall above/behind a recently completed carbon fiber c-type replica.
Click to view attachment

Kinda fun!

It wasn't overly expensive ($600). May have to save my pennies again and get a vintage 914 one done up.
Ferg
Neato!
DBCooper
Extremely cool.
markyb
nice, that's a great price for that size, is it one piece, canvas or paper?

would you mind sharing your source?
tadink
VERY cool - I need bigger walls!

and the CF C-type too - what's up with that?
draganc
Nice! Can you pls post the webpage / contact of the poster company?

Thanks!
billh1963
Is that a "C" type replica?
Cap'n Krusty
Remember the resolution and clarity (focus and depth of field) need to be extraordinary for the image to translate well to wall sized blowups.

The Cap'n
Scott S
"nice, that's a great price for that size, is it one piece, canvas or paper?

would you mind sharing your source?"

You bet - Alpha Graphics in downtown Denver (17th St). I don't know if they have a webpage. I got their name on a referral. It is on a low/no gloss coated canvas.

Well, I temporarily hung it over the edge of the upper level of the shop to let the wrinkles relax - I must say, it is breath taking on real life. here are some crappy cell phone pics. The thing is much larger than I thought. It's permanent home will be on the big blank wall just to the right of where it hanging now.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

"and the CF C-type too - what's up with that?"

Yes, it is a near perfect c-type replica less the carbon fiber body. The spare tire is even date coded 1953. The only thing that drives me nuts is the steering wheel - it should be smooth/shiney. This one is textured. We will need to re-do that at some point. Here are some random build photos.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Scott S
They do have a website:
http://www.denveralphagraphics.com/downtown/

Phone - 303.993.1514

They are a national chain, so I am sure anyone of them in your area can make one up. However, being that that this office is very familiar with the one we just did, if shipping isn't a bear, they may be the one to call first. Nice folks for sure.
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif
monkeyboy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 20 2013, 07:47 AM) *

Remember the resolution and clarity (focus and depth of field) need to be extraordinary for the image to translate well to wall sized blowups.

The Cap'n

He is right. I have a close friend that is a photographer. I can always tell when we are going to shoot something that will be printed in a large format. He brings a ton more lenses, and he is very picky about the shots. Even more than usual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.