Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT i'm going outta my mind!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
11.20 pm.... on third cup of coffee since dinner, which consisted of a microwave burrito and some snickers icecream. haven't had a full night's rest in a few days... don't remember when i changed clothes.

8 more pages of a schopenhauer critique to finish writing tonight

60pages of hegel to read tonight

an 8am dissertation defense (thank god not mine)

a 9am lecture i'm giving on the early aphoristic works of webern

a noon 3 hour roundtable on post-kantian aesthetics

3.30pm meeting w/ advisor

then teaching private lessons straight until 9pm....

meanwhile, all i seem to do is aquire parts for the car without actually assembling any damn thing together!!! haven't done any serious work on the car in 2 weeks!!

ARRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!

someday, i will teach at a small liberal arts college in a picturesque setting, with adoring young coed students, plenty of "research time" to wrench cars, and tenure so solid they'll have no choice but to pay off my lawsuits.

meanwhile, i will pour another cup of coffee.

sorry, had to publicly vent.
\

givemebeer.gif
Brad Roberts
We should hang out more. I have no F-ing clue what you are working on.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh yeah.. funny that you found time to post on the clubsite..LOL

B
nebreitling
this is currently my "get psyched drink more coffee" procrastination phase.

when i can't handle reality, i come here.
Brad Roberts
We should trade jobs for one day :finger2:

B
Meredith
I would sympathize, but I don't know what half of your words meant. I think I'm sorry, but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe you should switch from coffee to beer. At least it would make things a little more interesting. Just a thought...
nebreitling
Ha! let's try it, might be a neat experience...*

*except for those unsuspecting customers who drop their 996's off for service happy11.gif **

** and, possibly, except for my freshman
scotty914
it could be worse try being laid off and not being able to afford tp to take a shiat
EdwardBlume
Good luck.

I'm just closing a $2.5MM venture debt deal, bidding on a $20MM debt recapitalization, planning for 2005, writing a 6 page term paper on management effectiveness, and trying to understand derivatives and differential calculus. With my spare time, I hang out with my enormous 11 month old, and provide much needed care and support to my better half.

When I want to have fun I go out in to the garage and stare at my 914.

Yeah yeah- what am I doing here.... shut it! laugh.gif
nebreitling
holy, shit -- are you guys saying that it gets harder ? sad.gif

okay, signing off. thanks for the perspective people. especially the toilet paper thing, that just put my ass in gear.

type.gif
Jenny
Tough break, Nathan. So... all of tomorrow is shot, right? How 'bout Wed? I was planning on meeting up with B for his bday (unbeknownst to him, probably) for lunch. Will you be avail? We can go grub and have a couple beers. smile.gif

Jen
chunger
What's a venture debt deal and how do you close it? What's a debt recapitalization?

Inquiring minds what to know
skline
I know you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant.
cha914
Hmmm....let me tell you, the small liberal arts college is the way to go...I am on my 4th week at the new job...I may not be a prof with young coeds staring at me, but keeping their network up isn't all that bad either, always got to wander out in the hall during the class change times tongue.gif

Good luck, you will make it ... its funny, I have been out of school long enough that I have forgotten the nights like you are having and am considering going back...hmmm

Tony
neo914-6
microwave burrito and some snickers icecream

this I understand... laugh.gif

all i seem to do is aquire parts for the car without actually assembling any damn thing together!!!

the Momo will bolt in in minutes...or hours if no coffee laugh.gif

Felix
mike_the_man
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 22 2004, 11:49 PM)
I would sympathize, but I don't know what half of your words meant. I think I'm sorry, but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe you should switch from coffee to beer. At least it would make things a little more interesting. Just a thought...

Ahh beer! The cause of, and answer to all of life's problems. Meredith, you're wise beyond your years. biggrin.gif
sgomes
...and speaking of Schopenhauer and Hegel.....

Philosophers song

Immanual Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table

David Hume could out consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill

Plato they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle
Hobbes was fond of his dram

And Rene' Descartes was a drunken fart
"I drink, therefore I am"

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed
A lovely little thinker
But a bugger when he's pissed

Thank you Monty Python
Toast
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 23 2004, 12:33 AM)
11.20 pm.... on third cup of coffee since dinner, which consisted of a microwave burrito and some snickers icecream. haven't had a full night's rest in a few days... don't remember when i changed clothes.

meanwhile, all i seem to do is aquire parts for the car without actually assembling any damn thing together!!! haven't done any serious work on the car in 2 weeks!!

someday, i will teach at a small liberal arts college in a picturesque setting, with adoring young coed students, plenty of "research time" to wrench cars, and tenure so solid they'll have no choice but to pay off my lawsuits.

\

givemebeer.gif

Sounds like you need to switch from coffee to capichino. laugh.gif Try eating chocolate coverd coffee beans. They giver you a real buzz of energy. Works for me anyway. But watch how many you eat in a row or you may end up like Beivs on candy! wacko.gif monkeydance.gif

I understand your procrastination. I elected myself Queen of Procrastination! laugh.gif

Good luck today! Hope you can get a couple hours of Z's after all of that technical stuff you're doing.

BTW, I dont understand what all you are doing, but keep in mind that after all of this schooling is done, it will have paid off in more ways than you would have thought. clap56.gif (except paying for the schooling.... huh.gif )
SLITS
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 23 2004, 12:33 AM)

\

givemebeer.gif

Mental Masturbation..............uhhhh, can I say that here?

My paper was called "100 Pages of Pure Nonsense" - got an A.
Jeroen
Dude, I'm working 12 to 18 hours a day, 5 days a week and then some on most sundays
Been doing that for the past 8 weeks and I'm stiil 4 weeks behind scedule mad.gif

I see my daughter 1 hour a day and the wife 2 hours.
Keeps the relationship fresh though... we actually have things to talk about on saturday biggrin.gif

The only people I talk to are clients, bitchin' over the phone icon8.gif and you guys here on the BBS

So... I'm not feeling sorry for ya :finger2:
Sammy
I offer anyone here to trade jobs.

$600k worth of repairs to perform on pumps currently in the shop that are due in the next 3 weeks, another
$200k are already past due, mechanics who make $20 an hour and are overpaid, 4 apprentices who try hard but don't know their ass from a lathe, primadonna machinists who think that I don't realize when they are dragging jobs out, a boss that is riding me because profit margins are low, and Cal OSHA all over my butt for not having guards on all the machines in the shop.

If I wasn't a greedy bastard I would quit right now.
but I can't complain wink.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 23 2004, 12:02 PM)
I offer anyone here to trade jobs.

$600k worth of repairs to perform on pumps currently in the shop that are due in the next 3 weeks, another
$200k are already past due, mechanics who make $20 an hour and are overpaid, 4 apprentices who try hard but don't know their ass from a lathe, primadonna machinists who think that I don't realize when they are dragging jobs out, a boss that is riding me because profit margins are low, and Cal OSHA all over my butt for not having guards on all the machines in the shop.

If I wasn't a greedy bastard I would quit right now.
but I can't complain wink.gif

Life's a bitch, then you die. It's the time in between that makes it all worthwhile wacko.gif
bongo monkey
QUOTE(sgomes @ Nov 23 2004, 11:37 AM)
...and speaking of Schopenhauer and Hegel.....

Philosophers song

Immanual Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table

David Hume could out consume
Schopenhauer and Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill

Plato they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle
Hobbes was fond of his dram

And Rene' Descartes was a drunken fart
"I drink, therefore I am"

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed
A lovely little thinker
But a bugger when he's pissed

Thank you Monty Python

I was going to post that... :finger2:

I'll get my comeuppance in due time, but until then good luck.
opera guy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 22 2004, 11:33 PM)

what lessons? instrument? voice? what instrument? are we even talkin about music lessons?

webern? he wrote a bunch of them dinky little pieces didnt he? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.