Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hine62
What is the engine tin called that goes over the thermostat? Are there reproductions of these?

hine62
reharvey
left warm air guide
rhodyguy
trans and heat exchanger specific. the ones for the tail shift and side shift trans differ with regard to the rear shift rod. the ones for 75/76 heat exchangers are completely different and will not work with earlier heat exchangers. 1.7/1.8 or 2.0. easier if you can post a picture of what you have now.
Hine62
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 20 2013, 10:25 AM) *

trans and heat exchanger specific. the ones for the tail shift and side shift trans differ with regard to the rear shift rod. the ones for 75/76 heat exchangers are completely different and will not work with earlier heat exchangers. 1.7/1.8 or 2.0. easier if you can post a picture of what you have now.

My 914 is a 74' 1.8L. I'll have to post pictures tomorrow.

Hine62
Hine62
Here is the area that needs a tin part. There may be more than one part missing.

IPB Image

If you check out this link:
AutoAtlanta Engine Tin. I believe it is number 11 that I'm missing. The transmission is a side shifter.

Thanks for the help,
Hine62
TheCabinetmaker
You need# 12. Drivers side. Pic is backwards from yours
TheCabinetmaker
Send a pm to bdstone. Don't bother with aa.
rfinegan
I need a right warm air guide for a 75, Odd behavior to take something off and not put it back on after you are done....

best of luck ,and remember to have fun

-Robert
TheCabinetmaker
Robert, I have several. Just did a backdate last month. You can have one for shipping cost.
TheCabinetmaker
Hine, I may have the one you need also. I'll look tomorrow
Hine62
My car came with some missing part, but hopefully nothing that can't replaced. Thanks for the help.

hine62
Hine62
Excellent Cab! I hope you have the part.

hine62
rfinegan
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 21 2013, 04:05 PM) *

Robert, I have several. Just did a backdate last month. You can have one for shipping cost.

Thanks for the generous offer... PM sent

-Robert
rfinegan
Never thought I would get so much good will from a eight dollar piece of tin...

Thanks Curt
AKA the Cabinetmaker
michael7810
How important are the warm air guides? Should my 92 1.7L have them?
TheCabinetmaker
You have a 92 1.7?
ThePaintedMan
http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/ho...ing-guide.5947/

Found this link to a site which explains the cooling layout pretty well.
Hine62
Excellent link! I've been trying to find a link like that for a while.

Cabinetmaker, did you have the piece I'm missing?

hine62
reharvey
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 23 2013, 02:23 PM) *

How important are the warm air guides? Should my 92 1.7L have them?

Every piece of engine tin is important and should be installed. The warm air guides seem to be the ones that are tossed out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.