Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection Help Part 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 2.0

Picture of pressure regulator (right side).

1. Correct position / orientation of the part?

2. The BLUE arrow is pointing to a wire with a spade connector on it. What does that attach to?

Thanks,

Len

Click to view attachment
lsintampa
OK, fuel regulator goes on left side near back.. my bad on that placement.

Question about the BLUE arrow still is a mystery.
442nd914s
Fuel pressure regulator does go on the left side as stated. However it goes 8" aft of the fuel rail ON THE CAR BODY, not the tin.
As for the red wire, I could help with more info. Have u followed it? Where is it going to/towards? Is it a ground or hot? It might be: AAR power or oil pressure wire (on the top of the block just aft of the dizzy)
Java2570
CHT sensor wire? Is it coming out of a hole in the tin next to #3 plug?
TheCabinetmaker
That wire is the cht. It plugs into another wire coming from the harness with the injector wires. The regulator mounts on a bracket that is spot welded to the drivers engine tin, not the body
442nd914s
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 20 2013, 05:34 PM) *

That wire is the cht. It plugs into another wire coming from the harness with the injector wires. The regulator mounts on a bracket that is spot welded to the drivers engine tin, not the body

I stand corrected
I was driving ,thinking and chewing at the same time. The fuel regulator is mounted on a L bracket part if the tin close to the body.
My bad. That will teach me
headbang.gif
lsintampa
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Apr 20 2013, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 20 2013, 05:34 PM) *

I stand corrected
I was driving ,thinking and chewing at the same time. The fuel regulator is mounted on a L bracket part if the tin close to the body.
My bad. That will teach me
headbang.gif

All good. I've rebuilt several cars - all had carburators. My first with FI. Thing is I was handed a motor that a) is out of the car and b) has little attached to it aside from the tins.

So, I'm in a fog, trying to figure this out. One piece at a time.

I think I got the fuel regulator situated correctly now.

It's all a mystery to me at this point.

Thanks for the help!
lsintampa
what is a CHT?
TheCabinetmaker
Cylinder head temp sensor. Relays info to the ecu for cold start enrichment .
lsintampa
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 20 2013, 10:42 PM) *

Cylinder head temp sensor. Relays info to the ecu for cold start enrichment .

Makes sense - it's coming from #3 cylinder best I can tell.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.