Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you identify this boot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
it's supposed to be a firewall boot for a tail shift linkage. tried to install today and doesn't fit either end. it's way too big for the opening of that weird plastic piece that kinda snaps on the firewall, and the small end is too big around the shift bar too.

it's my own fault honestly. the part is supposed to be NLA, so I tried to get one from AA. After it being on long term backorder for over a year, I was surprised one day when it showed up. however, I was more surprised today when I found out it wasn't what I'd ordered, or at least wasn't what I'd asked for.

anyway, does anyone know what I've got? better yet, anyone want it? to AA's credit it looks new, the white stuff is that coating they put on to stop oxidization.

Click to view attachment
dangrouche
QUOTE(bradtho @ Apr 20 2013, 08:10 PM) *

it's supposed to be a firewall boot for a tail shift linkage. tried to install today and doesn't fit either end. it's way too big for the opening of that weird plastic piece that kinda snaps on the firewall, and the small end is too big around the shift bar too.

it's my own fault honestly. the part is supposed to be NLA, so I tried to get one from AA. After it being on long term backorder for over a year, I was surprised one day when it showed up. however, I was more surprised today when I found out it wasn't what I'd ordered, or at least wasn't what I'd asked for.

anyway, does anyone know what I've got? better yet, anyone want it? to AA's credit it looks new, the white stuff is that coating they put on to stop oxidization.

Click to view attachment

looks like its for the master cylinder, oops. ,my bad, a CV boot
SLITS
3" in diameter? If so, it's a CV axle boot. Can't tell from the image if there are marks around each end where the clamp bands go.
rhodyguy
is it the boot that goes on the big oval tailshift cover?
speed metal army
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 20 2013, 10:46 PM) *

is it the boot that goes on the big oval tailshift cover?

Nope..
914Sixer
Looks like 911 shift linkage boot that goes in the tunnel.
ripper911
Was it supposed to be the front shift cover boot?
We've been waiting for the guy to make them for quite a while, seems like they're having some trouble with it.
bradtho
I held it up to one of the CV boots and the profile isn't identical, but the dimensions all seem like a match. I suspect there's a couple molds for these things.

looks like I'm now the proud owner of a $25 CV boot. At that price I hope it's Genuine Porsche!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.