Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? about Weltmeister Stabilizer bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
groot
Can someone tell me what the minimum and maximum length of the lever arm is on the Weltmeister stabilizer bars? Is it the same on the front 19mm and 22mm bars?

Thanks.
groot
An estimate is okay. I'm trying to figure out the range of adjustment they have for torsional rate.
Jeroen
Dunno about the Weltmeisters, but I can measure my Taretts when I get home tonight...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 23 2004, 08:52 AM)
Dunno about the Weltmeisters, but I can measure my Taretts when I get home tonight...

spend the extra money on the tarett agree.gif

good stuff.... i think it has about 3" of arm adjustablitlty or more
groot
I'm actually thinking I'll go with some NASCAR specials, but I'm interested in knowing what Weltmeister or Tarret think is appropriate for range of adjustment.

I'll probably have much more range, but I want to size my bars to include the low end of the Weltmeister/Tarret.

The Tarret's sure look cool, but I don't know why they chose to cantilever the link to the stabilizer bar arm unsure.gif It's not that big of a deal, but it just seems strange.
groot
Thanks. The Tarret measurements will help. I'm particularly interested in the low end of the range (softest setting of the bar). Since my front geometry is different I should be able to get away with less bar.
Mueller
I cheated, copied this off of the SmartRacing Products site smile.gif
groot
Excellent!!
smilie_pokal.gif
Thanks!
Jeroen
The Tarett arms measure 6cm (from the center of the bar) for the stiffest setting and 15.5cm for the softest
The bar itself is 100cm
groot
And thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.