Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adding pix the right way up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
HI guys -

trying to post some pix and am having trouble getting them to show right side up. My Mac shows them upright, but then when I post them on the board they are upside down....

any tricks to this? Here's what I'm able to do - even tho' they show right way up on the mac....

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
You need to shoot them with your iPhone oriented opposite of how you were shooting.

Its an iPhone glitch. The phone, your mac, and most computers compensate for orientation. But the uploader for the forum does not.

I don't know if it happens on Android or not.

If you upload the pic to Flicker (or facebook, or some other online image hosting site) and then use IMG tags to show it here, it works.

Zach
KELTY360
Just claim that you live in Australia. laugh.gif
tadink
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 21 2013, 05:21 PM) *

You need to shoot them with your iPhone oriented opposite of how you were shooting.

Its an iPhone glitch. The phone, your mac, and most computers compensate for orientation. But the uploader for the forum does not.

I don't know if it happens on Android or not.

If you upload the pic to Flicker (or facebook, or some other online image hosting site) and then use IMG tags to show it here, it works.

Zach

Thanks Zach -

I'll go shoot some more and hopefully hold the camera the other way around - if I can figure out how to hold it differently from the way I held it the first time! LOL Maybe I'll shoot it both ways and see which one shows up right on the site....that sounds efficient!

biggrin.gif

td
dlkawashima
I wouldn't call this an iphone bug. It's more a lack of documentation. The correct way to hold the iphone when taking a picture (landscape mode) is with the home button on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSuMJ2YSOH0

And yes, you can rotate pictures inside your phone after the fact, though I haven't found a 1-step solution. Best solution is to simply take your pics with the home button on the right and not worry about having to fix things later.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 21 2013, 09:54 PM) *

Just claim that you live in Australia. laugh.gif

Damn straight!!!! bootyshake.gif
LotusJoe
Like this?
Click to view attachment
tadink
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Apr 22 2013, 09:45 AM) *

NOW THAT IS JUST CRUEL! LOL

how'd you do that?

thanks all - did not know about the button to the right on the iphone!

td
badmiata
LOL, at least you got it! P.S. whats the size and width of the rims?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.