Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Flying into Chicago May 2nd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I am heading back to Notre Dame for work. I've got a 4day business class I'll be there for. I'm open most nights if anyone is close. I fly into Chicago Midway at 12:30 on the 2nd. Which is the day I am most open. So anybody in the area who is available for dinner or whatever. Love to meet some other teeners. So if there are some of you in the area. Then you are up for some dinner. Let's talk 914's beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 21 2013, 11:10 PM) *

Okay so I am heading back to Notre Dame for work. I've got a 4day business class I'll be there for. I'm open most nights if anyone is close. I fly into Chicago Midway at 12:30 on the 2nd. Which is the day I am most open. So anybody in the area who is available for dinner or whatever. Love to meet some other teeners. So if there are some of you in the area. Then you are up for some dinner. Let's talk 914's beerchug.gif

Jamie I would be up for a dinner on the 2nd, let me see who i can get together.
biosurfer1
Must be an early, early flight to get to Chicago by 12:30 from the west coast.
JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 24 2013, 09:17 AM) *

Must be an early, early flight to get to Chicago by 12:30 from the west coast.

Yeah I leave at 6:30am from Portland. It's a direct flight thankfully
JRust
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 24 2013, 09:10 AM) *

That sounds great Glenn biggrin.gif . Thanks
timothy_nd28
I live a few blocks away from the Notre Dame campus. Depending how my finals go next week, we can grab dinner.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 24 2013, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 21 2013, 11:10 PM) *

Me too. As long as I don't have a job by then. biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 24 2013, 10:24 AM) *

Hey thats perfect Garold. Any chance of picking up one of Mom's service covers? For the WCR prize we talked about while I am there?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 24 2013, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 24 2013, 10:24 AM) *

Hey thats perfect Garold. Any chance of picking up one of Mom's service covers? For the WCR prize we talked about while I am there?

Sure I can do that.
Chris H.
Jamie It'd be great to meet you. Maybe I will try to make it as well.
JRust
Man this trip is looking better & better! Hell with work man. I'm coming to chicago to get my 914 fix evilgrin.gif . Seriously though. I appreciate you guy making time in your schedules. Always nice to meet some of the teeners I've been online with for years. piratenanner.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 24 2013, 10:37 AM) *

Sure I can do that.

Hey Garold. Glenn mentioned maybe meeting by your place? Not sure what would be best. Do you guys have a place in mind to eat?
JRust
I fly out early tomorrow. I'll check the thread again tonight to see if you have figured a where & when. If it doesn't work out for your schedules no problem.
mburkhart
I'd love to tag along if you guys are getting together in Chicago or nearby. Any solid plans yet?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 29 2013, 11:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 24 2013, 10:37 AM) *

Sure I can do that.

Hey Garold. Glenn mentioned maybe meeting by your place? Not sure what would be best. Do you guys have a place in mind to eat?

Right here in Portage is a neat place called Quaker Steak & Lube. Portage is a good half way point for the guys in Chicago. So.......... if you want to do that for tomorrow night let me know. You can reach me at 219-730-6418 and we can work out the details.
Eric_Shea
There won't be any "Ducks or Dame" arguments over din-din will there?
JRust
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 1 2013, 05:10 PM) *

Right here in Portage is a neat place called Quaker Steak & Lube. Portage is a good half way point for the guys in Chicago. So.......... if you want to do that for tomorrow night let me know. You can reach me at 219-730-6418 and we can work out the details.

I do get there around noon. I'm bringing my clubs if anyone wanted to golf a bit before dinner. Let me know what time works best for dinner. I am pretty open tomorrow. I just need to end it in south bend. I'm heading to bed now. I'll check at the airport in the morning before I board around 6. Otherwise I will be in the air until I arrive. So I won't be able to call until get there. My c£ll is 5 four1 - 5one0 - 00eight6
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JRust @ May 2 2013, 12:33 AM) *

I do get there around noon. I'm bringing my clubs if anyone wanted to golf a bit before dinner. Let me know what time works best for dinner. I am pretty open tomorrow. I just need to end it in south bend. I'm heading to bed now. I'll check at the airport in the morning before I board around 6. Otherwise I will be in the air until I arrive. So I won't be able to call until get there. My c£ll is 5 four1 - 5one0 - 00eight6

Hey guys lets plan Quaker Steak & Lube at 6:30pm tonight Address is:
6245 Ameriplex Dr.
Portage, IN 46368
(219) 764-9464
(219) 764-3900

Those coming from Chicago area take I94East to exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana)
At the end of the ramp head Left (North) on 149, go over top of 94 and you will see QS&L on the right about a 1/2 mile down.

If coming from South Bend area take the Portage exit (23) on the toll road. Once off turn right (North) at the light and follow the main road for about 2 miles you will go over I94 and see QS&L on your right.

If raining I will have the Blue Dodge Ram Quad cab with the plate MAUITYM on it (stands for Maui Time). Otherwise I will have the black & blue ish (aka the black eye) 73 914. Again my number is 219-730-6418. If anyone wants to come earlier I am home, we can meet at my house and drive over.
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage IN 46368.
mburkhart
I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. Have fun!
Jgilliam914
QUOTE(JRust @ May 2 2013, 12:33 AM) *

Golf?????????????????? hahahaha you shoud of checked the forecast. Unless your here past Sunday the midwest weather this weekend Sucks!
GaroldShaffer
Jamie made it here with no problems. We will be heading to QS&L in about 30min. My wife & son are going to join us.
JRust
Hey Garold it was great to meet you today & talk 914's. Also cool to have dinner with you & your family. To bad a few more teeners couldn't make it. It was great talking 914's today. Huge thanks to you & your mom for the service cover for a WCR prize piratenanner.gif

I will be in south bend through the weekend if anyone get's don this way. I think Tim & I are going to get some pizza one night this week
JRust
Was able to meet up with Tim for dinner to night at Rocco's. They got our pizza a little crispy but it was good anyway. I can tell their pizza is excellent normally. Thanks for taking the time tonight to meet Tim. It was a pleasure to talk 914's with you. Then top off my night with a little drive around in your 74. Trip has been a good one so far. 2 days in to trip & 2 dinners with fellow teeners piratenanner.gif
timothy_nd28
driving.gif aktion035.gif
gms
QUOTE(JRust @ May 2 2013, 10:13 PM) *

Hey Garold it was great to meet you today & talk 914's. Also cool to have dinner with you & your family. To bad a few more teeners couldn't make it. It was great talking 914's today. Huge thanks to you & your mom for the service cover for a WCR prize piratenanner.gif

I will be in south bend through the weekend if anyone get's don this way. I think Tim & I are going to get some pizza one night this week

Jamie,
I am sorry i couldn't make it this time, maybe sometime on the future visit
Chris H.
Me too. Got stuck downtown.... headbang.gif
JRust
No problem guys. I'll be back again in October (I think). I have 4 5 day courses based 6 months apart. This is my second. I will have some time monday afternoon. I get out of my class at noon. My flight doesn't leave until 7. So probably not a good time to grab something. But if somebody is open in the afternoon. I could do a late lunch or early dinner. Still need to be at midway by 4:30 though. Not expecting anything there. I've already have met 2 teeners I hadn't previously. So it's been a good trip biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.