Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Another great G&R swap meet. Some really nice cars and some really nice people. Well. Mostly. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Oh! Like, we are like soooo booored!
Elliot Cannon
350 V-8 power. Love these headers.
Elliot Cannon
Nice turbo installation.
Elliot Cannon
Dumpster diving at the G&R will almost ALWAYS result in finding something. And they did apparently.
Elliot Cannon
Bruce Stone always show up with a ton of cool stuff. If you need ANYTHING for your Porsche, Bruce might have it or know where you can get it.
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
andys
I added my own picture of my "modified" front spoiler which got snagged on the famous dip in the driveway that Ron warns us all about per item #3 of "Several things to remember or be aware of:" This is of course his standard warning he posts every year, yet I managed to not pay attention when leaving, but then again what did you expect from a 914 guy blink.gif A little duct tape to hold it together, and all was good.

Thanks again to Ron and Glen for putting this on.

Andys

Steve
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 21 2013, 10:44 PM) *

Thanks Elliot for taking the picture of my Girls!! I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures. The wife loved the picture. The girls complained about the heat. Next time I will bring an umbrella for them!!
SLITS
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 22 2013, 08:53 AM) *

Thanks Elliot for taking the picture of my Girls!! I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures. The wife loved the picture. The girls complained about the heat. Next time I will bring an umbrella for them!!

If I had known, I have an EazyUp that I could have covered them with.

Thanks to all who decided to come. It was nice of Kevin to come down from the Soggy PNW to see what we were up to.

For the first time, people started leaving early (damn Long Beach GP) so I was able to close up about 3 pm and get the rest of my sleep that I missed the night before.

Always a good time ... always good people (even Z.) ... We just might do this again.
Curbandgutter
Loved the cars that showed up. Bought some minor things (switches) met a couple of guys from the board. Loved Bobo914's 180 degree header v8. Wow that sound was AWESOME. My younger son said it sounded like an angry Ferrari.
jim_hoyland
Couple more pics"

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Mas:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

oldschool
headbang.gif missed it..Nice picture's Jim.
Dr Evil
Ah, memories. I miss those meetings sad.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 22 2013, 03:53 PM) *

headbang.gif missed it..Nice picture's Jim.

Jaime,,, agree.gif I was wondering where you were
abnrdo
Anyone know what size wheels and tires are on the black car? Nice photos!! Looks
like we missed a great time.

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 22 2013, 12:42 AM) *

Another great G&R swap meet. Some really nice cars and some really nice people. Well. Mostly. biggrin.gif

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 22 2013, 05:26 PM) *

Ah, memories. I miss those meetings sad.gif

Move back here to the central California coast. We have a bit of a doctor shortage here, so they say. You won't get rich but it's a great place. Good wine. (No cheese please). lol-2.gif
914_teener
First time in quite a while that I didn't take my car this renowned event.

My rear suspension has now degraded to the point where it must be fixed. smash.gif

As always something new to see and characters/old friends and new ones.

I left my medical donation for the Gastrointestinal Relief Fund.....and collected my parts from Radar-914O'Reilly...er....Bruce Stone.

Ron was busy playing with his fork lift. shades.gif

Furthermore for those whom names will rename nameless AND to set the record straight....I did NOT drive my 914 alone on the Halloween run my wedding day.

It was the day BEFORE and there is NOTHING wrong with my bearings.....the front ones. grouphug.gif

type2man
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 22 2013, 11:20 AM) *

DAMN!!!!!! Gotta love the 7's all around. That's how it's done!!!!
SLITS
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 22 2013, 01:06 PM) *

IPB Image

These are 15 X 7 Cookie Cutters
abnrdo
Sorry, I meant this black car.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Apr 22 2013, 07:14 PM) *

I heard that the rear fenders were pulled and rolled while the fronts are from 911sc for the offset,, maybe some one more knowledgeable can chime in with part #s
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 22 2013, 09:08 AM) *

Thanks to all who decided to come. It was nice of Kevin to come down from the Soggy PNW to see what we were up to.

For the first time, people started leaving early (damn Long Beach GP) so I was able to close up about 3 pm and get the rest of my sleep that I missed the night before.

Always a good time ... always good people (even Z.) ... We just might do this again.

Joe Bob was there?
SLITS
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 22 2013, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 22 2013, 09:08 AM) *

Joe Bob was there?

Yuup
monkeyboy
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Apr 22 2013, 08:01 PM) *

I heard that the rear fenders were pulled and rolled while the fronts are from 911sc for the offset,, maybe some one more knowledgeable can chime in with part #s

That is Jimmy's car. His handle is 1Trick6. PM him for the details.
get off my lawn
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 21 2013, 10:46 PM) *

Nice turbo installation.

You can't turbo a 914.
1TRICK6
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Apr 23 2013, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Apr 22 2013, 08:01 PM) *

That is Jimmy's car. His handle is 1Trick6. PM him for the details.

Hey Jim,
I wish that black 6 was mine.
I own the other black one in the photos.
Joe Bob

Joe Bob was there?

Dat was the rumor..... sheeplove.gif
7TPorsh
[quote name='1TRICK6' date='Apr 26 2013, 08:19 AM' post='1855636'

I own the other black one in the photos.
[/quote]

I have the other black one NOT in the pics... dry.gif
76-914
That's it. I'm bringing name tags to the next event. I would have liked to meet Rhodyguy & Joe Bob but was unaware of their presence.
Joe Bob
Shorts, Flip Flops, REALLY Ratty 914 hat, selling the starter pistols out of the white Caddy SUV.....
andys
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 26 2013, 01:02 PM) *

That's it. I'm bringing name tags to the next event. I would have liked to meet Rhodyguy & Joe Bob but was unaware of their presence.

I like that idea; I'd be talking with someone for some time before realizing who they were.

BTW, when I was driving in (about 8:00am), I see a guy I recognize but couldn't place. It wasn't until after he left that he looked like one of the fabricators from Boyd's American Hot Rod reality show. So was it my imagination, or was he really there???

Andys
913B
QUOTE(andys @ Apr 26 2013, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 26 2013, 01:02 PM) *

I like that idea; I'd be talking with someone for some time before realizing who they were.

BTW, when I was driving in (about 8:00am), I see a guy I recognize but couldn't place. It wasn't until after he left that he looked like one of the fabricators from Boyd's American Hot Rod reality show. So was it my imagination, or was he really there???

Andys

I think you are right I overheard him talking to a guy in a truck about his Boyds wheels and so on.

r_towle
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Apr 26 2013, 04:13 PM) *

white Caddy SUV.....

Figures smile.gif

No pics allowed of the Z.
rhodyguy
next year don't have it on the same weekend as the LB gp.
SLITS
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 27 2013, 06:23 AM) *

next year don't have it on the same weekend as the LB gp.

The PCA picked the date .... I had nothing to do with it and was not consulted. blowup.gif

My choice was the 28th as I usually pick the last Sunday of the month.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 26 2013, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Apr 26 2013, 04:13 PM) *

white Caddy SUV.....

Figures smile.gif

No pics allowed of the Z.

Oi, Beavis.....I went out with a new 914 owner. Introduced him to the 914 reprobates. Had to keep Slits from dropping trow.

He has a 73 2.0 and is hanging new product on it....

Mike Shaw of MAShaw fiberglass......no deals 4 U...... bootyshake.gif

His ride has CF hoods, roof and doors.

MA Shaw Webpage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.