Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Saturated Intake Plenum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
While trouble shooting idle issues on a stock '73 2.0 D-jet, I removed the throttle body and found the bottom of the intake plenum completely saturated with raw fuel. As the air temp has never been anywhere close to 32 degrees I'm thinking the Cold Start Valve (CSV) system is not operating correctly. Two questions for the World:

1. Is there something other than the CSV or thermo switch that could be causing the issue?

2. Is there any problem with removing the the CSV from the car altogether on a fair weather driver?

Thanks,

John
sean_v8_914
csv is teh only thing that can trickle fuel into the plenum. bypass teh csv or replace it
TheCabinetmaker
You nailed it. cold start valve to be sure. I've seen four cars do it.
76-914
put a good fuel pressure gage in it's place.
reharvey
Unless your going to drive the car in freezing weather just remove the fuel line from the cold start injector. I've done that to all three of my cars. Ray
Nozzle
Many thanks for the suggestions. Got to like a solution that straight forward. So long Cold Start Valve... clap56.gif
type47
Interesting suggestion to remove the fuel line to the CSV ... In my (tiny) mind, I'd replace the fuel rail (but then it wouldn't be so straight forward ...) because I'd either need to find that god awful tiny bolt and NLA washer to plug the port on the fuel rail or have to plug the hose with a bolt stuck in the end and a FI clamp neither are attractive options in my (tiny)mind ... Replace with another fuel rail like on the passenger side ... (Which I think you could source more easily than that tiny bolt and washer)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.