Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipe new
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Wipe new is sending me a free sample to try out. I'll do up a review once i get it. For those that dont know...

http://www.wipenew.com/

Might be nice for old bumper tops and faded Targa's..
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 22 2013, 02:20 PM) *

Wipe new is sending me a free sample to try out. I'll do up a review once i get it. For those that dont know...

http://www.wipenew.com/

Might be nice for old bumper tops and faded Targa's..

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! If you act now... av-943.gif
GeorgeRud
Let us know your experience with the product. Most of the online reviews I've read seem pretty negative.
underthetire
And that's why I wasn't willing to buy it. I've seen mixed reviews on it myself, but the fact they are willing to send out a sample for review is promising. No bs from me, either it works or it doesn't.
gothspeed
Does it have any silicone in it?
underthetire
Not supposed to.
Mark Henry
Would it work on my ass?

The wife has had 2 kids, would it work on...you know... that?

The possibilities are endless if it would.... idea.gif
Cupomeat
What always amazes me is how much they charge for S&P...

The product (Doubled in size, of course) is "only" $19.99, which is fine.
Then you pay $7.99 for S&P...

Actual shipping is about $0.80 bulk for them, but I'm not going to argue too much here.

Then you are offered a "BONUS" Pro Detail kit (4 pad, some stick thing and a pair of $0.10 gloves) FREE for only S&P (another $7.99) when it will be shipped in the same box and barely affects the weight of the package (Heck, they could probably process them together and save money... confused24.gif WOW, what a concept)

Rant over, I hope it works well and we all have a new product to love.
bandjoey
Update?????
ellisor3
I thought I would share this. I got wax on the moldings of my vehicle and tried everything to get it off, mineral spirits, alcohol, ect.

I searched online and saw a guy use creamy P-Nut Butter. Simply smear it on the chalky white area, work it in, let it sit a few minutes and then wash it off. So, I tried it very skeptically. It works great!

I thought it would simply cover the wax to make it black, but after two weeks, I still can not see the wax and the black areas look clean and new. Just thought I would share. beerchug.gif
Rob-O
Wax removal...just use hot water and a brush. Personally I use an old toothbrush.

I haven't read any reviews of the Wipe New, but would be interested to hear what it's made of. Having worked in the automotive plastics industry for almost two decades, I'm just a little skeptical about what it can do.
914forme
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Sep 5 2013, 04:46 PM) *

I thought I would share this. I got wax on the moldings of my vehicle and tried everything to get it off, mineral spirits, alcohol, ect.

I searched online and saw a guy use creamy P-Nut Butter. Simply smear it on the chalky white area, work it in, let it sit a few minutes and then wash it off. So, I tried it very skeptically. It works great!

I thought it would simply cover the wax to make it black, but after two weeks, I still can not see the wax and the black areas look clean and new. Just thought I would share. beerchug.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.