Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini wheels questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slow steve
Can you guys school me on Pedrini wheels? I have a set that end in "00". I heard there are earlier and later ones. Can you guys fill me in on what years fit what? Drums, rotors? Which ones are harder to find?
SLITS
From my bad memory ....

"00"s fit early non-hubcentric cars.**

"01"s fit hubcentric cars.**

** Fronts only ... all will fit the rears

It's just a matter of a larger hole in the center to go over the front rotors on a later car.
eyesright
I bought a pair of Pedrini's from ebay. They were good condition and cheap so I got them for the future. Turns out they are "01" fronts so now I need a '73 car to put them on. You don't see as many cars with them as Fuchs and Mahle's. I have a set on my '72 and they look great.

You can have early wheels turned to fit the later front hubs at your friendly local machine shop...if they have a big lathe...for hourly rate.

Tom_T
agree.gif

If your 914 is 70-72 you'll want -00 & if yours is 73-76 or the front rotors/hubs have been replaced with late hub-centric ones then you'll need -01.

Here's a pic of what I used when looking for Fuchs 2L for my resto, but same applies for Pedrini, Mahle 4-lug "Baby Gas Burners" etc.
BTW - you can have that groove on the backside machined into a set of -00 wheels too, just use an -01 for dimensions.

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 23 2013, 05:27 AM) *

From my bad memory ....

"00"s fit early non-hubcentric cars.**

"01"s fit hubcentric cars.**

** Fronts only ... all will fit the rears

It's just a matter of a larger hole in the center to go over the front rotors on a later car.
johannes
Fuchs ? ...
slow steve
Wow! Thanks for all the info. Mine end in "00" You guys aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.