Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Hub Extender Identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pcar916
Anyone recognize this steering column extender? I can't find any manufacturing data on this hub except for the model number "244". The only other marking on it (shown below) is a stamping showing the "top". It's 3 in long and has a very hard "micro-crinkle" (my phrase) powder-coated finish.

It accepts the stock 4-cylinder turn signal cutoff/horn ring, and though not attached, it came with the car when I bought it. Attached are four pics.

The first pic shows the entire assembly including the smaller extender (lower right) that both adds 5/8 in and adapts the flange to a flat surface in contact with the Momo wheel.
Click to view attachment

This one shows the base where the horn ring goes.
Click to view attachment

This one shows the "top" indicator
Click to view attachment

This one shows the location of the "244" stamp on the side
Click to view attachment

GeorgeRud
My guess would be MOMO. I seem to remember that they had extenders available back in the day. My recollection is a bit fuzzy however, so I could easily be mistaken.
bulitt
I don't believe it is a MOMO. Momo numbers as follows-

Porsche 914/4 -1970- 1971 8000 (Discontinued)
Porsche 914/4 -1972-76 8002
Porsche 914/6 -1971 0230

Not to say it wont fit???
pcar916
Thanks guys, I've been using this setup since the first week I bought the car in '94. I put it on after turning on the wipers several times at a Golden Gate PCA AX in Candlestick Park.

I accidentally over-torqued the splined adapter to this piece (last R&R) and had to drill them out yesterday. Taking things apart always makes me think of how to improve things and I realized I didn't know anything about this well-made, but heavy, extender.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.