Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fan ballancing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I took my fan apart to get it powder coated and now I'm wondering if I screwed up. Does it matter how it goes back together? If it does I have a 25% change of getting it right. Sure does look nice though
Click to view attachment

Thanks

David
rhcb914
you have a 25% chance of getting it right. Although with the fresh powder coating even if you hit the jack pot I would still re-balance it
ThePaintedMan
It is pretty. No one will ever see it, but it's pretty biggrin.gif
reharvey
The best impeller fan is one that has never been disassembled. Don't be surprised if the pulley wobbles when it spins. Nobody will ever see it so get a dirty used one that has never been apart.
Mblizzard
While not many people will see it, that is something that was done well! Nice, very nice!
StratPlayer
I powdercoated the impeller a while back. I used chrome powder, I did have the impeller balanced after it was powdercoated.. I marked the impeller before I disassembled it so it would be put back the same way.
bigkensteele
Can a typical machine shop balance our fans?
StratPlayer
The guy that balanced everything the impleller was included.. wasn't a machine shop that I used.
JStroud
That turned out awesome!

When I rebuilt my motor I had my machinist balance everything, if it moved or rotated it got balanced, including the fan....makes for a smooooth running motor.

Jeff
bdstone914
I really have to wonder how much fan balance matters.

I have pulled several that must have had 1/2 pound of dirt stuck to the fins.

That can't be balanced with that much dirt.

Bruce
kwlane
Smoother surface = more air = more cooling? Well, Maybe not that much difference in cooling but a good thought even if never see it!
Jake Raby
We avoid fan disassembly at all costs. Its near impossible to center the fan ring perfectly without a jig made for the purpose.

On the balancer it can take us an hour to dial one in after it has been disassembled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.