Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top Ten Signs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Madswede
It was kinda slow this afternoon, and I've really been enjoying my 914 so ... apologies in advance for this.
EDIT: for some clumsy wording - I'm a perfectionist, to an extent lol-2.gif Also, one or two might be more specific to those with engine upgrades/mods/replacements.

Here are my Top Ten Signs that you've been driving your 914 too much...

10. Any other car you drive spends most of its time on two wheels, tires screaming in protest, narrowly avoiding rolling over because you forgot you now have to brake for corners.

9. You rely solely upon local law enforcement as your "speedometer."

8. Competing tow truck companies keep flatbeds on-call, fighting for strategic positions along your favorite driving routes.

7. You have to call in to work "sick" because your Sunday drive took you over 1,000 miles away and you can't get back before Monday morning.

6. You have an account at TireRack with a standing order for new tires every year, and yet you still keep a "back up" set of wheels and tires in your garage to use while waiting for the new ones to arrive.

5. You forget to turn on the A/C in any other vehicle that has it, no matter what the temperature is, instead rolling down all the windows. (Bonus if you had your windows removed in your 914, double bonus if you didn't know you even had windows)

4. You have a permanent raccoon tan/sunburn from wearing shades while driving with the top off.

3. You always try to take off in the other manual transmission vehicles you own in 2nd gear, then, cursing, have to push the shifter up to 1st.

2. You classify all other vehicles into three categories: "I can take 'em on the corners," and "I can take 'em once I get into second," and "Don't make me laugh."

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, the #1 sign that you're driving your 914 too much is......

1. Your first response to this was: WTF do you mean, "driving it too much" Nelson?!"
hwgunner
All true!! driving.gif piratenanner.gif
iamchappy
Filling up with gas again.......
SirAndy
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 24 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Top Ten Signs, you're driving your 914 too much

You have a running 914? confused24.gif
JStroud
av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif that's too funny.......but true!

I gotta get my car back on the road driving.gif

Jeff
Madswede
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2013, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 24 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Top Ten Signs, you're driving your 914 too much

You have a running 914? confused24.gif

It not only runs, it's so new it makes my garage smell like fresh paint! shades.gif
Rod
I can tell I've been driving to much when I go to get in my daily dive and the steering wheel is on the wrong side :raz:
ripper911
You can't drive these cars too much, they thrive on being driven hard. MDB2.gif
Jgilliam914
"It not only runs, it's so new it makes my garage smell like fresh paint! "

I am surprised. It usually has the smell of raw gas and burning oil stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
Drums66
....Only adverse effects...are a sore butt.... idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif shades.gif
7TPorsh
...more oil spots
7TPorsh
..inflamed "teener sciatica" due to "long throw clutchitis"

..."teener elbow" due to "long throw shifteritis"

BritCarJim
riding in a co-worker's volvo sedan feels weird because it sits so high up!
Madswede
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:06 PM) *

"It not only runs, it's so new it makes my garage smell like fresh paint! "

I am surprised. It usually has the smell of raw gas and burning oil stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif

Were you at Rt66 following me?? lol-2.gif

Actually, except for the burning oil, people were indeed smelling some unburnt hydrocarbons behind me. Tuning is still ongoing when O'Brien gets back out here in a couple months. In the meantime, I'm hoping to get some real time data for him to look at. Might need a new O2 sensor, I'm thinking. Anyway, after the eye-stinging effects of the exhaust dissipate from the garage, it smells like new paint. Dammit.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 25 2013, 04:47 PM) *

..inflamed "teener sciatica" due to "long throw clutchitis"

..."teener elbow" due to "long throw shifteritis"

There is a cure for that. Rennshift.
grantsfo
1. You convince yourself that "hey this shifts pretty nicely"
2. I can get used to the rear window rattling
3. I like that smell of German floor tar, vinyl and gas
4. You convert to e85 in winter because you think it might be healthier when using the heater.
5. You keep a can of silicon in glove compartment when humidity goes down
6. did the window washers ever work on this car?
7. It's time to fix that dimple on front hood where I shut it on gas cap - its bugging me
8. Do I really need a passenger side door handle on outside?
9. You are an expert on vacuum systems
10. You walk around with big goofy grin on your face
DBCooper
One of my top ten signs:
IPB Image
carr914
Top Ten 914 Sign biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Madswede
I like the turn this thread has taken.
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
Tom
You buy parts from other Porsche models to put on your 914.
911SC boot over rennshift.
Tom
Chris Pincetich
I use the key to unlock all car doors, even when there's a remote un-lock/lock on the keyring.....
I pay attention to any unusual sound when driving, hoping it's not something falling apart....
because I drive my 914 all the time beerchug.gif
shades.gif
rfuerst911sc
You're jackstands are rusting from lack of use biggrin.gif .
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Madswede @ Apr 26 2013, 10:06 AM) *

I like the turn this thread has taken.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.