Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcecc1968
Folks,
I have a 74 914 with a single carb and I'm looking to replace the fuel line from the tank, thu the tunnel and to the carb. I'm having some welding done at a local shop, so the engine is out and the frame is up on the lift... perfect time to replace fuel lines right? The fuel line in the engine bay is "smoky" clear, so I'm assuming its the original fuel line.

I've seen recommendations for SS fuel line vendors, but none for rubber/plastic line replacement..... any recommendations?
dcecc1968
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(dcecc1968 @ Apr 25 2013, 03:09 PM) *

Folks,
I have a 74 914 with a single carb and I'm looking to replace the fuel line from the tank, thu the tunnel and to the carb. I'm having some welding done at a local shop, so the engine is out and the frame is up on the lift... perfect time to replace fuel lines right? The fuel line in the engine bay is "smoky" clear, so I'm assuming its the original fuel line.

I've seen recommendations for SS fuel line vendors, but none for rubber/plastic line replacement..... any recommendations?

Attached is a photo of the existing engine bay line.Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
The stainless lines replace the plastic hard lines that go through the tunnel, and if you still have them, the ones on the side of the engine compartment.
We use 7.9mm/5/16" rubber fuel injection hose from our FLAPS to replace the stock rubber hoses in the engine compartment.
JawjaPorsche
I would go with Tangerine Racing. Great People and Great Products and Service.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm

Give them a call and explain what you need and they will work with you.
Vysoc
Talk to Chris Foley at Tangerine Racing.
Easy fix, quality SS lines and ............Peace of Mind, because you know it is the correct thing to do with the correct product.

my .02 cents

Vysoc flag.gif

mepstein
I just installed my Tangerine lines a couple weeks ago. smilie_pokal.gif
zymurgist
Chris's fuel lines are nice parts. thumb3d.gif
walterolin
Yes.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(dcecc1968 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:09 PM) *

For plastic, you could try the dealer. The 75-76 style lines may still be available new.

Rubber? Don't do that. It is far too easy to ignore the center tunnel lines--and rubber will eventually crack and leak. And you can't easily get to it in there. And the rubber line(s) are more flexible and more likely to move in the tunnel than hard plastic or steel, and there are things in the tunnel that can abrade lines that flop around.

Just get the stainless. You can fake it all up yourself with hard brake lines and a tubing bender, but Chris has already done the layout and bending up for you...

--DD
mepstein
Took my teenage son and I, 5 minutes to install the lines. I used him as a spotter to make sure the line went in correctly. With the engine out, it is super easy.
dcecc1968
Thanks for all the input folks, it is a really big help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.